Posting Pictures - Using the larger format

Started by S&S RR, April 30, 2014, 10:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

We have been playing with the optimum size for posting pictures.  This is what we came up with with a couple examples from the F&SM.

The procedure I used to post this:

- I exported the original picture out of Picasa at 900 pixels (same thing I did for years on the other forum only at 256 pixels - much lower resolution).

- Next I added the picture to my personnel gallery on modelers forum (takes about 30 seconds). 

- I then display the picture in my gallery and copy the BB code down at the bottom of the page.

- Then when I get to the point where I want to add the picture to the post I paste the BB code into the post.  (shift-Insert for those on a PC)

And the post looks like this one - Hope this helps.

Credits:  This is the same procedure as Jimmy D posted as Lesson 2 - we just modified it to the 900 pixel starting size to get rid of the scroll bars.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Please let me know if you have any questions on this procedure. If you have trouble send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you and walk through it with you.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

gnatshop

Experience has led me to believe that Doug, Robert, and any other forum associated
gurus have flagged my IP address as a disruptive member!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shocked! - How could that be?  :o :o :o

Same things continue - I just looked at this thread without signing in and the scroll bars
were there to be able to see the whole picture!

Then I signed in, and 'Voila', the whole picture shows up!

Nobody else has mentioned this, so I've got to assume (Oh, that word!) that (1) it's either
my first sentence, or (2) I've got some setting screwed up on my computer!

Number (2) is most likely!!
I'm in that Engler boy's class - never claimed to be a computer 'Whiz'!

ACL1504

I've been using this format since reading Jommy's Lesson 2 on posting a larger format photo.

I use Irfanview and can accomplish the same thing while posting larger photos. I like it and don't have to use the scroll bar to view the photos.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com