The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 21, 2020, 11:52:18 AM
Fantastic video Tom. The layout is really looking great.

Thanks John, the videos are a lot of fun to do.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on June 21, 2020, 01:02:49 PM
Hey Tom looks like all that work is really paying dividends!!

A beautiful scene on a beautiful RR.

Jerry

Jerry,

I tried to make it look like some of the photos I've seen in the ACL books. I'm very happy with East side of the layout.

Oh, thank you also for the very nice compliment.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In the next week or so, I'll be working again on this build thread. As many of you know, I've been busy painting and installing WOW sound in more of the A&S brass. To date, I've finished 6 and just about done with the 7th, the SRR MS-4. I have 6 or 7 left to do.

I'm going to take a month or so and do more on the layout by taking a break from the brass.

However, here is an update on the layout.

I'm a very generous person when it comes to the Atlantic and Southern Railroad. Often a few of the SBGs (Saturday Butty Group) come by to run trains and generally participate in some serious BSing.

One member, Greg,  just can't seem to keep his mind on railroading. You see, if he can't run a Greg Speed train, he does other stuff. In the photo shown below, this is yet another example of his miscreant deeds. This is what happens when I let him have "free range" of the railroad.

Can you believe it, a Florida Black bear smelling the north end of a south bound cow?

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

I don't remembering doing this one.....but I'll take credit, it's funny as heck.....also I prefer my miscreant deeds to not only be free range, but also gluten free.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

I agree with Greg, pretty funny stuff. 

My question is how many other sight gags haven't been found yet?
Jerry

Blazeman

Maybe that ol' bear wants a swimming buddy, or maybe it's thinking about a rump roast for dinner.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on July 11, 2020, 08:34:24 PM
I agree with Greg, pretty funny stuff. 

My question is how many other sight gags haven't been found yet?

Jerry,

I know he'll move something but I don't look for them. I just wait an eventually I'll find them.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Blazeman on July 12, 2020, 11:22:28 AM
Maybe that ol' bear wants a swimming buddy, or maybe it's thinking about a rump roast for dinner.

Larry,

Perfect, and very funny also.

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here's a look at the new A&S decals. All the decals will be white. The Budd passenger car decals for the Atlantic and Southern will be black.

Jim, owner of Highball Graphics is doing the decals and did the graphics.

https://www.highballgraphics.com/index.php/custom-decals/custom-waterslide-decals

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

ACL 1504,
             Wow! Nice looking graphics T, these will be a nice upgraded addition to the progression of your AS railroad. ;D  Jim does very nice decals that's for sure. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Thanx Thom...

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

maandg

That's a very MA&G inspired lettering scheme on that box car!