The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on July 12, 2020, 03:16:46 PM
ACL 1504,
             Wow! Nice looking graphics T, these will be a nice upgraded addition to the progression of your AS railroad. ;D  Jim does very nice decals that's for sure. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Thanx Thom...

Thom,

I'm very pleased with the decals Jim did. Of course, they were a combination of the AB&C Railroad and the Magnolia Route. Refer to the explanation below for the history.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: maandg on July 13, 2020, 12:09:24 AM
That's a very MA&G inspired lettering scheme on that box car!

Cliff,

Hey, good to see you are still checking in on the forum. Yes, the inspiration came from two sources, you and the AB&C Railroad. Certainly it's only fair to give you the credit for the new Atlantic and Southern layout. After Pam and I visited you that fateful summer on June 6, 2013, I came home and in December of 2013 began the removal of the old A&S RR.

Your Mississippi, Alabama and Gulf scenery really did inspire me. The scenery on the current Atlantic and Southern RR is a result of me trying to make the scenery look as southern as possible. Our visit to your beautiful Magnolia Route was the best thing for my desire to make a model railroad into a railroad model.

My A&S slogan came from your Magnolia Route. What a great slogan and very fitting for the A&S RR as well.

The source for the A&S logo came from the Atlanta, Birmingham and Coast Railroad. The AB&C was later purchased and taken over by the Atlantic Coast Line.

So you see Cliff, you are the inspiration for the new Atlantic and Southern RR. And, I thank you very much my friend for the two visits and your friendship.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Cliff,

By the way, this is the PFM L&A D-22 Ten Wheeler Pam bought from you for me on our last visit to the Magnolia Route.

Tom ;D

http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=5182.0
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

The new logo's look terrific.  Now you'll have a project to get a certain percentage of rolling stock decaled for the A&S.  Are you going to buy new rolling stock, undecorated, to decal or is some of the existing rolling stock heading to the paint shop?

As far as Greg and the bear incident what can say?   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Bob,

I have several undec. 40' boxcars to decal. But getting some in the paint shop isn't out of the question either.

I think Curt may be responsible for the bear incident, not totally sure. I heard him asking Greg about moving stuff around one day. Greg always names it and claims it when he does something.

Tom 8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Tom, if it was me I would admit it. I didn't  do it.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

AhHa....the plot thickens.....the game is afoot (or is it a toe). Sherlock Holmes, where are you.  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Curt and Greg,

Not concerned whom may have moved the cow. It's all in good healthy fun.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Judge

Dave -About that old cow. . . . she walks, she talks, she's full of chalk. Etc.

GPdemayo

Quote from: Judge on July 13, 2020, 10:13:14 PM
Dave -About that old cow. . . . she walks, she talks, she's full of chalk. Etc.

What???  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Okay, I've let this go on long enough. :o Let's get back to my build thread. You can move this to the Saturday Report thread.

Tom 8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com