Bar Mills Gibley's Furniture Co.

Started by coors2u, February 17, 2014, 09:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coors2u

While waiting for the sides to dry and other things. I got the airbrush out and painted all of the windows. I like buildings with tons of windows. There is a big sheet of pre cut acetate. I gave it a dusting of dull coat. I figured since it was a furniture factory the windows would be covered in dust and other debris.  I'll add come weathering to them later.
Dustin

coors2u

There is a great laser board store front. It consists of several sections that are put together on top of each other. Once it was all built I tack it together to test fit everything. I leave the paper coating on the back of the acetate so I don't add any extra scratches. One I was satisfied with how it fit together I glued it all the way.
Dustin

coors2u

Next was window installation. This is the only shot so far. The roof was just set on top for looks. I'll have more updates soon.
Dustin

ak-milw

Sure is a nice store front, I alway's settle for the plastic ones.

8)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

coors2u

The store front is one of the things I really like also. I built another kit that had a similar store front. I spent a little time working in the windows last night. There are at least 20+ windows that need to be hinged open. I'll wait to finish those one more is complete on the building. I don't want to knock them off.
Dustin

DEFugere

Dustin, looks good to date. I like coating the windows with dullcoat. That idea will go in the folder.

David

coors2u

David, I can't take credit for that tip. I picked it up the same way you did.

I worked on the lumber storage shed last night. There are doors that mount on it but you have the option to leave them off so I did. I think it will add to the scene overall. There should have been a template to cut out certian parts. The instructions had it but some how it was not blown up to scale to be usable. I used a mix of stains on the wood. I'll dry brush it later.
Dustin

coors2u

I cut out the roof sections once I finished the shed so I could see an overall layout. These will get a tarpaper treatment later. I think I'm going to try something new when I cover them.
Dustin

coors2u

Last thing for the night was the loading dock doors and two other freight doors. These were a quick build. I just stained the wood for now. I like the natural look. It's a furniture store, so I figured a good deal of it would be natural wood colors.

That's it for now. More too come soon.
Dustin

Amagic41

I also love the storefront. Someone should sell one individually with options like left or right door or double window. And if someone already does well....... let me know who.
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

PHQRR

Nice work,:thumbsup: I'm interested in this kit as well.  Looks like a great fit for the PHQRR.

coors2u

Thanks for looking in guys. The kit really does have a neat appeal to it. It's going to make for a great mini scene.
Dustin

coors2u

I cut the foam base out last night for the kit. I decided to go with 12x14. That should be plenty of room to get what I need. I set the main building on it to see how it laid out.
Dustin

coors2u

I had glued the freight doors together the night before. So tonight I got them mounted. I had to sand them a little to get the fit that I wanted. The natural look of the wood turned out good. I'll add some weathering to all of once I get it all together.
Dustin