Overhead Trolley Work Motor Project

Started by bparrish, February 15, 2019, 01:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Hi Bob;

First all the best next week, hope all goes well. Next the trolley is incredible, best of luck at the convention. I really enjoyed the tread and have bookmarked it to read again. There is a lot of knowledge to take in.

Finally, I had the pleasure of meeting and doing some modeling with Bob Hamm this past winter. Learned a lot. I will let him know his work is appreciated. He is fighting a ruptured disk but still modeling.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

bparrish

Jim

Sorry to hear about Bob Hamm and his back problems.  I met him in the contest room at the Portland Oregon national three years ago.  He was terrific as manager of the contest.  I only had a short time to visit with him as he had a lot of responsibilities. 

I had entered the Falk Locomotive that I built on this forum the year before.

He truly understands what it takes to build something and be willing to take it to a national.  He is / was very supportive.     Wish I knew him better.  He is what this hobby needs.

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: bparrish on July 07, 2019, 01:36:57 AM
Thank you one and all for your encouragement and well wishes.

I gave the trolley motor to Tom today to take it to the national.  I'll know by next Friday how it does.

Bruce.......... you are always welcome here.

see ya
Bob

You do realize of course that getting your locomotive back from ET could present you with an even bigger challenge than building the thing.  Just saying.

;D ;D :o

Btw. What was the name of Mike Brusky's outfit he is with at the national train show? 

sdrees

The model looks better in person than the pictures Bob, very nice job
It was
Steve Drees
SP RR

bparrish

bparrish

Bruce....

I'm not worried about getting back the trolley work motor.  I can hold his railroad hostage.

Tom has no understanding of electricity........... he calls them neons and freons ! ! ! !

I told him recently that I could make his railroad  sooooooooooooo dead that no one could ever make it run again..   So far I have him believing that.

See e-mail on the side about Mike.

see ya
Bob

NKP768

Nice work on this Bob, living in Indiana(and home to the last true surviving interurban) and the hundreds of miles of Interurban trackage we had at one time this hits a soft spot for most Hoosiers. Good luck at the National.

Doug

sdrees

Congratulations

Fr

Congratulations on your awards Bob 1st and 2 nd in your factory
The
Steve Drees
SP RR

bparrish

Steve.....

Thanx for letting me know. 

See ya
Bob

Jim Donovan

OK Bob;

What did you exactly win and came in second? Obviously you did great, congratulations.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

Very cool I really love the interior.

Karl

MAP

Bob,I see a picture of your Trolley made in the NMRA 2020 calendar!!  Month of March.  Congratulations!
Mark

jimmillho

Quote from: MAP on November 16, 2019, 12:54:00 PM
Bob,I see a picture of your Trolley made in the NMRA 2020 calendar!!  Month of March.  Congratulations!

Just got mine today and the Trolley looks great.

Jim