FSM Brownsville Depot

Started by SteveCuster, June 14, 2020, 11:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

Hello everyone.

I recently completed my version of FSM Brownsville Depot. I knew my time would be limited building this kit so I didn't do a step-by-step. I chose a different color scheme than George.

Thanks for checking in.
Steve Custer

Janbouli

Fantastic job Steve , wow , that looks so nice , perfect colors and weathering.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Zephyrus52246

Great looking station, Steve.

Jeff

vinceg

Yessirree, that is gorgeous, Steve. I also like the colors. Subtle and nicely weathered but still a well-maintained, functional station. The whole assembly is so clean and accurate. And, the tar around the chimneys looks great -- a particular sore spot of mine since I can't seem to get that right. Fantastic.

I have that kit, too, but didn't open it, yet. Are those the shingles that came with it? They're not the run-of-the-mill Campbell cedar shakes that came with the older kits in the days of yore.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

WigWag Workshop

Amazing!  Staring at these pictures are giving me a ton of ideas and inspiration.  Love all the little details, and really like the color choice.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Great work Steve.  I have this one on my build short list and your pictures are going to be a great resource.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Pretty much perfect. As always, you've got a great eye for coloring and weathering.

John

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Great job Steve, the details are great, but where is the bird poop?
Steve Drees
SP RR

Opa George

Steve,

Very nice in all respects. I like your color scheme, and excellent job on the fine detail painting. It looks great in close-ups.

--Opa George

Mark Dalrymple

Looks great, Steve.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Frank B and I built this kit before it was released. Your looks just beautiful so far.

Karl

hairball

excellent modeling and subtle weathering = a great model

I can see studying this build that its a new version of Georges #110 , a great kit in its own right.  This goes to another level of detail not available to us back in 70's.  I scratch built this once in O scale for a lawyer who had a street car layout as the street car company headquarters.

mike lynch..........HAIRBALL