The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

The back yard is nothing but still needs mowing.

The train room/building is on the left in first photo.  Babe has her house in front and I have mine in the back. 8) 8)

Train shed on the right in next photo.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

ACL 1504,

Very Beautiful grounds!  Reflects what's in the train room... Thanx Thom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5T96LHnEWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4j2O-hj-o

cuse

Quote from: ACL1504 link=topic=3848.msg145801#msg145801 date=

color=#800080]I'm starting at 6:30 AM. I bet some "do gooder" will call the PO PO on me. Hey, it's not like a work day. For me, it's Labor Day and I'll be laboring early in the day.[/color]

Tom ;D

Layout looks great Tom. Lawn too...that PBA sticker on your mower will help with the Po Po  ;D

John

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on September 07, 2020, 06:47:14 PM
ACL 1504,

Very Beautiful grounds!  Reflects what's in the train room... Thanx Thom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5T96LHnEWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4j2O-hj-o

Thom,

Thank you, it has taken a few years to get what we have but well worth the time and effort.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on September 08, 2020, 06:41:25 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 link=topic=3848.msg145801#msg145801 date=

color=#800080]I'm starting at 6:30 AM. I bet some "do gooder" will call the PO PO on me. Hey, it's not like a work day. For me, it's Labor Day and I'll be laboring early in the day.[/color]

Tom ;D

Layout looks great Tom. Lawn too...that PBA sticker on your mower will help with the Po Po  ;D

John

John,

Thank you. Always something to do in the yard or on the layout. All makes for a feeling of accomplishment.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

House looks just beautiful. Like your train room to. Beautiful pool.

Karl

Blazeman

Outstanding property, Tom.  Your family must enjoy it immensly.

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on September 08, 2020, 01:48:40 PM
Hey Tom:

House looks just beautiful. Like your train room to. Beautiful pool.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks very much. Pam :-*  spends her time in the pool and I spend my time building my empire.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Blazeman on September 10, 2020, 08:00:11 AM
Outstanding property, Tom.  Your family must enjoy it immensly.

Larry,

We do enjoy the house, Pam the pool and I the train shed. I even enjoy keeping the grass cut and healthy, well, most of the time anyway. We couldn't afford the pool when the kids were young or in college. This was our gift to us when they left the nest.

The original 12 X 12 of the train shed was a playhouse for the kids. I kept enlarging it, after they left, to the current 20 X 50 it is today.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I want to get this river area done and I have lots of little stuff to do first.

Since Tahope had no EPA regulations in 1950, Hollis Pest Control needed a place to dump the very toxic waste. This is why Hollis built the business next to the river.

Two holes were drilled into the wall the size of the drain pipes.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I cut the two brass pipes on the Proxxon miter saw.

I cut back some of the land mass. I then wet the area to reconstitute the Fusion Fibre.

After a few minutes, I just pushed it down to the river bed.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

Ah the good old days, the smell of dying fish, runaway algae blooms, the smell of kerosene. Then the EPA comes along and says to clean the place up. But that is in the future. Love the detailing.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad