Third Kit - Sigmon Used Cars by FOS

Started by WigWag Workshop, September 08, 2020, 07:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

For my third build, I will be doing Sigmon Used Cars by FOS. This is my first build with multiple structures, that you have to to put together to make one structure. This kit also has all laser cut windows and doors, and not the usual plastic Tichey Parts, which is also a first for me. I will also try to do some videos of the build (but can't guarantee it). It will not be a How-To, but more of a build log.

Overview video of the kit - https://youtu.be/ZJ9DzcbHgwY

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

ReadingBob

Looking forward to following along on this one Steven.   ;)  One thing about the laser cut doors like this kit has (both the entrance way and garage door) is that it makes it much easier to have a 'two tone' paint scheme.  The inner panel can be painted one color and the exterior panel another prior to gluing them together.  Of course you don't have to do that but it can add a nice bit of detail here and there.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Steven:

I will be following along. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Karl

nycjeff

Hello Steven, just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying your build threads. I, like you, am relatively new to the forum and agree with your comments about how much help is available from the guys on the forum. Keep on keeping on.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

GPdemayo

Looks like another fun kit Steven.....I'll be looking in also.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

The build is coming along slowly.  SweetieBear picked out the colors for this build.  Office walls painted and weathered, what a difference weathering makes (I left one unweathered for comparison).  Next up, work on the garage, then windows and doors.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

WigWag Workshop

Quote from: nycjeff on September 12, 2020, 12:04:39 AM
Hello Steven, just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying your build threads. I, like you, am relatively new to the forum and agree with your comments about how much help is available from the guys on the forum. Keep on keeping on.   Jeff

Thank You Jeff, I appreciate it.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Work continues on the Sigmon Used Cars build. Painting of the office and garage walls  is finished, and the first layer of weathering has been applied. Next up is to add the laser cut doors and windows and decide on some signage. This is my first go at doing laser cit windows, I only did a laser cut door, that was on my first build.

-Steven

postalkarl

Hey Steven:

Looks just great. Nice weathered paint.

Karl

S&S RR

Steven

Very nice work - I'm enjoying following your progress. And yes, weathering makes a big difference.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Sorry for the lack of updates, been feeling under the weather lately.

Assembled the walls, and did some test fitting.  In the second picture, I am experimenting with adding a concrete floor to the garage (there wasn't one included in the kit).  Next up. add the roof to the garage, final fitting, and glue it all together. Then final weathering, details, and maybe some more signage.

-Steven

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb