Engine shed interior wall , photo needed.

Started by Janbouli, June 18, 2018, 09:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

I have been googling for a photo of an interior wall for my Rail Scale Models engine shed , it's to small to do a real interior , also because of the bracing needed . So I thought I would do a photo wall , but I can't find anything with a wall straight on , all photo's seem to be on an angle. Anyone out there have such a photo , or could make me a photo of their interior that I could use?
I love photo's, don't we all.

jbvb

The last surviving wood roundhouse I'm aware of is on the Conway Scenic Ry. at North Conway, NH.  I am not sure when I'll next be in that area, but in September they have a 'Railfan Day' and perhaps a forum member will attend.  Or you might find an interior image by searching the web.
James

Janbouli

rpdylan

I live a couple of miles from the Bartlett roundhouse but the doors are shut up with no trespassing signs. It's in a bit of rough shape. What if you made a wall on some scribed wood , some castings ect and photographed that and then sized it on a copier? You could make all the walls with 1 photo. Just an idea,,,,
Bob C.

Janbouli

Quote from: rpdylan on July 27, 2018, 06:02:29 AM
I live a couple of miles from the Bartlett roundhouse but the doors are shut up with no trespassing signs. It's in a bit of rough shape. What if you made a wall on some scribed wood , some castings ect and photographed that and then sized it on a copier? You could make all the walls with 1 photo. Just an idea,,,,
Great idea, when the temperature drops I'm going to try that.

Mike Engler

Hey Jan- long time no post for me. It's almost Ryder Cup time!

Here is a mostly head-on view of Karl Allison's Loco and Car Service Shop. There are several more similar shots of different sections of the walls. Let me know if any interest for your project.

Karl's model is one of the best I have ever seen.

THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

Janbouli

Thanks Mike , I have several now but more is always welcome. Ryder Cup is in France , too expensive for me , and I like it when it is in the States because then I can watch every evening , I'll probably have to work all the weekend this year.

vinceg

Quote from: Mike Engler on September 13, 2018, 03:58:28 PM
Hey Jan- long time no post for me. It's almost Ryder Cup time!

Here is a mostly head-on view of Karl Allison's Loco and Car Service Shop. There are several more similar shots of different sections of the walls. Let me know if any interest for your project.

Karl's model is one of the best I have ever seen.

Man, that is beautiful.....
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL