Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Here are a couple in western NY.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

rustyfawcett

Cool looking places. I would love to swing my metal detector at a few of the places ;)

ranny9

I agree with TJ, we need a kit of Rowe's.

dougkast

Greg...your buildings of NY remind me of Boston, cables in front of windows, pipes in mid air, brick walls missing. This is what George Sellios does on his buildings.

halrey

Here are a couple of fishing shacks.
Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

tjseeley

Those are great pictures, Al!  They look like projects begging for 'silver wood'  treatment.  I saw a model of Stanley Storage (Mt Albert, I think) - at a local show - Mid Hudson On30 Conspiracy meet - and the wood siding on a lean-to looked so realistic, with that distinct silver sheen - just like the sugar house and horse barn on our old dairy farm in Vermont.  I asked how he did it, and he said he used SilverWood stain from BIS.  I can't wait to try it!

GPdemayo

Quote from: dougkast on December 30, 2013, 09:57:02 AM
Greg...your buildings of NY remind me of Boston, cables in front of windows, pipes in mid air, brick walls missing. This is what George Sellios does on his buildings.

Doug:

You're right, George made a great living giving us kits that had that run down, Rube Goldberg school of maintenance look.

Those photos were taken on our trip to Western NY and I think the location was either in Buffalo or Niagara.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tjseeley

Here are a couple of pictures of the old mill at Cass, WV that I took last year - sure wish I could have seen this before the fire! 

gnatshop

Quote from: Randee on December 30, 2013, 08:06:07 AM
I agree with TJ, we need a kit of Rowe's. 
Maybe a Jimmy, Doug, Brian, and Hal collaboration!!
We might end up with a new company - 'FSM STAGE II'!

Or to keep it legal - maybe just 'STAGE II MODELS'!
That Seckler feller could be the 'behind-the-curtain" financier! ;D ;D ;D

I'm for it!  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, George - but it was your decision to retire!!!

dougkast

Quote from: gfoyle01 on December 29, 2013, 08:37:17 PM
Doug - great photos of Rowe's Quarry.  I used to live quite close to there and passed by it almost daily.  I took it for granted in those days.  Such a definitive example of a gritty, hard working, industrial building. Beautifull complex.  I was sad to see it torn down (replaced by a nice but generic condo complex.)
Great photos of GE in Lynn too. I think the locomotives probably provided better heat than the central heating plant used when I worked there.
Roy Clarke
Danvers MA

Roy...I remember driving by the place in the 70's on a work day and it would be roaring with action. Hal and I wish we went there and took photos before it was demolished. I think I got all the photos to be had off the internet, I was able to get a blurred foot print from Google Earth. Looking for more info on this one.

S&S RR

Just found this thread - some great modeling ideas.  I wonder if it was Rowe's  that brought George out of retirement.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

dougkast

Essex, Ma Boat Builder Building

halrey

Here are a couple more to add to the mix... Hal

Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

dougkast

Hal...I think I saw that first photo on Dave Frary's Blog?

halrey

Doug, it could be, I send a lot of photos to Dave and sometimes he posts them.
But then again, he may have driven past the same spot...
Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960