Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on October 09, 2020, 08:26:11 PM
John looks great.
I see what you meant about the A&I to tone everything down.

I tried the A&I on the siding perfect solution.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad the A&I worked for you. One of the things I struggle with is colors being too bright when I get them on a full building.  So I have become proficient at toning things down with A&I and chalk and Ink washes.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I just got through reviewing the Narrow Gauge Business Meeting zoom meeting from the Saint Louis convention videos.  I thought some of you may be interested in the upcoming Narrow Gauge convention locations.
2020 canceled but if you go to their website they have some videos
2021 Hickory, NC
2022 Seattle, WA
2023 Denver, CO
2024 Pittsburgh, PA

2025 and 2026 will be open for bids at the Hickory convention.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Great weathering on the white walls. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on October 11, 2020, 03:30:00 AM
Hey John:

Great weathering on the white walls. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.  I will be giving them a light wash of A&I as the last step to tone them down just a bit and bring out more of the wood grain.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Jerry

I like it John.  Your doing your usual wonderful work.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on October 12, 2020, 09:04:20 AM
I like it John.  Your doing your usual wonderful work.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words. I spent the last couple days running trains with my Grandkids.  My 4 year old Grandson sat on my lap helping be build the barn for a good hour this afternoon.  He was picking out the window castings and showing me where to glue them in.  We had a lot of fun - good quality time. He was picking up all the tools on the workbench and asking me what I used each one for. Maybe a model builder for the next generation?
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Here are a few progress pictures on my barn build. This series of pictures is the addition to the barn before the wash with A&I.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a series of pictures after the A&I over the white paint. I also hit the concrete foundation walls with A&I to help bring out the texture.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Finally, for today,  I started adding some hay bales to the loft in preparation for the installation of the roof rafters. Any new details will be added by sight through the doorway, after the roof is on.

These pictures help with the detailing check list.  I have some board edges that need staining.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Jerry - I have new hay "greener in color", going into the barn for the winter and the last few bales of last years hay "browner in color", on it's way to the cows.  Did I get that right?
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I can't decide if I want to knock some of the fuzz off the barn siding or leave it on?
John Siekirk