Weathered Old Buildings

Started by tjseeley, December 22, 2013, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjseeley

I love to see the old sheds and buildings on abandoned properties - I try to copy the weathering and aging that has taken place.  These are just shots of a machinery shed and shop at an abandoned homestead where Chinook and I walk.

ranny9

BrianM

Thanks for the excellent photos and great weathering examples.  Saved to my library so hopefully I can learn something.
BianM
BrianM - sometimes home in San Antonio, TX

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Candy

Here's one for you

dougkast

Found these on the internet.

Janbouli

Someone did a great weathering job on that last one , looks to me it was done intentionally.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Janbouli

Found this on a dutch website , it's from a trip through the U.S., , the page is in Dutch but the pictures are worth a visit.

http://www.haanstra.biz/USA2010.php

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

dougkast

Rowe's Stone Quarry, Revere/Malden, Massachusetts

tjseeley

Wow!  What an amazing old building!  It's so complex, I wouldn't' know where to start to model it!  With the end of  George's beautiful FSM diorama kits, who would tackle such a complex structure to create a kit?  Maybe only a brave scratch builder?

dougkast

Here's a couple more older photos of Rowe

Janbouli

That would make a great kit, but who would take on the challenge of building it?

Bntrainmaster

Very Very Neat. There is a lot of different ideas looking at these pics. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

gfoyle01

Doug - great photos of Rowe's Quarry.  I used to live quite close to there and passed by it almost daily.  I took it for granted in those days.  Such a definitive example of a gritty, hard working, industrial building. Beautifully complex.  I was sad to see it torn down (replaced by a nice but generic condo complex.)
Great photos of GE in Lynn too. I think the locomotives probably provided better heat than the central heating plant used when I worked there.
Roy Clarke
Danvers MA