Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on May 26, 2020, 08:27:48 PM
Now that's modeling....... ;) Dennis

Dennis

I'm sure going through the supplies with this one.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on May 26, 2020, 08:34:38 PM
Wow...that's quite a project...will be a real focus point on your layout!

John

John

Thank you for following along. This will be the major center of activity for the new section of the layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on May 27, 2020, 03:15:19 AM
Hey John:

WOW!!! look at all that work you got done so far. I can't wait to see this thing assembled and on the layout.

Karl

Karl

There will be some serious glue used on this project. I hope to put up the first walls this afternoon.
John Siekirk

NKP768

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: NKP768 on May 27, 2020, 09:05:25 AM
Just amazing work John - very nice!
Doug

Doug

Thanks you for the encouraging words and for following along. It's time to go start the assembly process.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, John.

This is going to be one heavy diorama to lift into position when finished!

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on May 27, 2020, 02:58:02 PM
Looking good, John.

This is going to be one heavy diorama to lift into position when finished!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

I made the castings out of resin so it is not as bad as hydrocal. We will see - maybe a two person job. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Tonight, the first walls are up and glued in place on the Brick Roundhouse.  This is the left wall and first stall back wall of the 11 stall portion of the Roundhouse.  Also, the base for the four stall section of the Roundhouse is in the paint booth. The track has also been glued in place for the first stall.  I wanted to get one wall up before I install the rest of the track so I can get started on the jig for the interior beams. I have a lot of strip wood to cut. ;)

John Siekirk

vinceg

Coming to life, now -- luking gude.

Nice collection of weights, too!
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on May 28, 2020, 07:38:27 AM
Coming to life, now -- luking gude.

Nice collection of weights, too!

Vince

Thank you, It is nice to see it start coming together. I'm a firm believer in you can never have enough weights. Clamps are the same way.  I don't think a week goes by that I don't go to the shelf and they are all out on projects.
John Siekirk

deemery

This is a project where a construction jig to hold the walls up might be worth the time.  As I get older, I spent more time building jigs :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on May 28, 2020, 09:44:01 AM
This is a project where a construction jig to hold the walls up might be worth the time.  As I get older, I spent more time building jigs :-)

dave

Dave

I'm with you on building jigs.  I will be building a gluing jig for the interior beams.  The workbench that this model is sitting on is a big adjustable jig with T-slots.  I will be using it to hold the back walls.  I started by using all the weights and squares to make sure that the corner was right.  It sets up everything else.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Cool assembly has started. Can't wait to see more.

Karl