Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Bruce Oberleitner

Hey Tom,
Maybe you should put some dead fish down there.  I don't think anything could survive from what those folks at Hollis are flushing down the drain!

BTW, your house and train room look beautiful.

S&S RR

Tom

I just got caught up on your thread.  You have a beautiful home and the modeling work is first class, too.  I really enjoy keeping up with your layout build - thank you for sharing it with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on September 11, 2020, 08:37:59 PM
Ah the good old days, the smell of dying fish, runaway algae blooms, the smell of kerosene. Then the EPA comes along and says to clean the place up. But that is in the future. Love the detailing.

Jim D

Jim,

Thank you and thanks for stopping by. Not sure the EPA helped or hurt our environment.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 12, 2020, 03:50:07 PM
Hey Tom,
Maybe you should put some dead fish down there.  I don't think anything could survive from what those folks at Hollis are flushing down the drain!

BTW, your house and train room look beautiful.

Bruce,

Thanks, much appreciated. I thought about something dead, maybe a body for the local PO PO. I don't think we can see HO scale fish, unless of course it 's a mass killing.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on September 13, 2020, 09:06:25 AM
Tom

I just got caught up on your thread.  You have a beautiful home and the modeling work is first class, too.  I really enjoy keeping up with your layout build - thank you for sharing it with us.

John,

Thank you for both very kind and generous compliments. The house and modeling are a labor of love. I also appreciate you following the build thread.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

C&O George Washington crossing the Suwannee River Lagoon bascule bridge, approaching Dixie Highway and Piney Woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViyhwzT1oZ8
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Tom great idea with the pipes and waste spillage!

At first when I saw the wood chips thought you had termites!!!!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on September 13, 2020, 11:54:33 AM
Tom great idea with the pipes and waste spillage!

At first when I saw the wood chips thought you had termites!!!!!  :)

Jerry

Jerry,

The spillage will also make for a nice little scene on it's own. We do have termites here but ones that big. LOL!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on September 13, 2020, 12:05:14 PM
Some inspiration for what to do where the pipes come out:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHd08Y0vZc

dave

Dave,

Dang, that is a lot of some kind of slimy fish. If my fish ingest the waste, I may have a river full of mutant fishies (sic).

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I posted this information on the chapel build thread but thought I'd mention it here as well.

I want a small southern church in this area so I decided to go with just the main building and not the addition on the right.

This will also give me a larger area for the cemetery.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com