Lighting upthe RailroadKITS Depot Station

Started by Slim Jerkins, December 24, 2013, 07:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim Jerkins

Quote from: jrmueller on June 04, 2014, 06:03:33 PM
Thanks a lo. Can we see a picture of the battery connector ?  Where would I get one?  Thanks. Jim

Jim - that's a plain old nine volt battery connector. You should be able to find them at Radio Shack

-slim

S&S RR

Wow - Slim you have been busy today. Nice thread!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

Thanks Slim. Time to light up the world.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Nice job on the lighting, Slim.  My question is, where the arrow is on the left side of the pics where you attached the negative lead, the positive leads come together, shouldn't this cause a short circuit?  How do the electrons know to turn left and go to the negative lead and not the right and short the thing out?  I never did well in physics.   :-\

Jeff

Slim Jerkins

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on June 05, 2014, 03:27:24 PM
Nice job on the lighting, Slim.  My question is, where the arrow is on the left side of the pics where you attached the negative lead, the positive leads come together, shouldn't this cause a short circuit?  How do the electrons know to turn left and go to the negative lead and not the right and short the thing out?  I never did well in physics.   :-\

Jeff

I'm not sure I follow Jeff. I don't understand what you mean by "where the positive leads come together." I have little "+" marks all over the card to indicate where the positive lead of a LED or Current Limiter will go. You'll see a gap in the path where there is a "+" mark. If you look at some of the pictures after the copper tape is down you'll also see that I placed black dots to indicate the negative side of the component. Some of my earlier pencil markings got covered over with the tape.

See if some of the later pictures with the tape explain things a little better. In the meantime I'm going to make another picture/sketch that might help bridge the gap from the theory to practice. Sometimes it can seem a lot like a puzzle.  :o

-slim

BandOGuy

The Radio Shack website does not come up wit "copper tape" or anything close to that. Where do you source yours, please?
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

gnatshop

Another question to test Slim's knowledge  -

Do you know how copper wire was invented?

Two lawyers fighting over a penny.

Slim Jerkins

Quote from: BandOGuy on June 05, 2014, 04:35:36 PM
The Radio Shack website does not come up wit "copper tape" or anything close to that. Where do you source yours, please?

I sell it.  $9.95/roll

A roll is 1/4" wide, 15' long. I always cut off short lengths (about 4" or so) and split it down the middle to get two pieces. That way you essentially double the length of tape.

Check my site - Microlumina.com this weekend. I'll get it listed. I've been selling the stuff at shows but never got around to listing it on the website. I'm lazy.  ::)

-slim

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Zephyrus52246

I figured it out.  I was confused by the one side that looked like a "closed loop".   :)

Jeff

S&S RR

Quote from: Slim Jerkins on June 06, 2014, 09:47:56 AM
Quote from: BandOGuy on June 05, 2014, 04:35:36 PM

I sell it.  $9.95/roll

A roll is 1/4" wide, 15' long. I always cut off short lengths (about 4" or so) and split it down the middle to get two pieces. That way you essentially double the length of tape.

Check my site - Microlumina.com this weekend. I'll get it listed. I've been selling the stuff at shows but never got around to listing it on the website. I'm lazy.  ::)

-slim

Slim

When will we see "Light Bites" number 3? You did a great job on the first two.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad