2018 National Narrow Gauge Convention - Bloomington, MN

Started by NEMMRRC, September 03, 2018, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrees

Jaime,

Thanks for taking the pictures.  I sure appreciate it.
Steve Drees
SP RR

NEMMRRC

Quote from: sdrees on September 04, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
Jaime,

Thanks for taking the pictures.  I sure appreciate it.
It's my pleasure, Steve.

There is lots to keep one busy at these conventions.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

We met another excursion train on the way back.

Jaime

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Jerry

Jaime thanks for the pictures and keeping us updated!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Jerry on September 05, 2018, 12:34:02 AM
Jaime thanks for the pictures and keeping us updated!!

Jerry
It's my pleasure.

The clinics, vendor room, and contest room open later today. Already I ran into Brent from Sierra West last night and hung out with John Siekirk during the "steam" excursion. Anyone else out there already here at the convention stop by the contest room and say "hello".

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Here are a few more photos of the train excursion yesterday. It was a dreary drizzly day but it was still a fun time riding an old passenger coach and enjoying the North Shore scenery along Lake Superior. I was very surprised how much the scenery reminded me of the Pacific Northwest. Maybe I should get out more often.

There were quite a few rail fans along the route. The track parallels one of the highways as well as the scenic route along the sores of Lake Superior.

Soo Line 2500 replaced the out-of-service streamer that was to pull the period consist. Any locomotive older than me is "vintage" in my book  ;D

Jaime
Narrow Gauge Convention photos

NEMMRRC

Now is the time to get in line for a bargain at the vendor room.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Stop by the Contest Room and say "hello".

Now I need to go find THE Runner...

Jaime

NEMMRRC

It all begins soon, all under one roof on one floor. Very nice.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

The model contest room is ready. First one to register gets to pick the best spot !

Jaime

S&S RR

Good morning from the EXPO - you guys better do the planes, trains, and automobiles think and hurry up and get hear.  I went and checked and Jaime already has most of the vendor room cleared out.  ;) 

The train ride was fun I got to visit Superior - the town I picked for the name of the Superior & Seattle Railroad.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NEMMRRC