FSM #145 Coal Tower

Started by Opa George, June 27, 2020, 06:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey George:

All I can saw Wowie. Very very very nicely done.

Karl

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

Beautiful work, George!

What an eye catcher you have created there!  I think the grab irons at the top of the ladder were a great idea.  The photos in natural light show off your skill very nicely.

Cheers, Mark.

vinceg

Everybody said already, but tremendous job, George. Especially in the sun -- that coloring and sharp shadow lines all make for a killer photo.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Opa George

Quote from: PaulS on July 31, 2020, 07:33:59 PM
Outstanding George !!   what a beautiful model of this Coal Tower you have produced.

And the pictures out in the natural light really bring out the coloring, shingles and all the elements you have put into this build !!
Excellent and I have enjoyed following along.
Thanks for sharing with us and enjoy,
Be well and stay safe,
--Paul

Thanks so much, Paul, for all of your support.  I am delaying the sand house portion of the kit until I get my layout re-vamped. I am re-doing it so my grandsons can operate trains with me.  I should be back up and running trains well before the winter holidays and will post pics of the new engine facilities, highlighted by this exquisite kit.

--George

Opa George

Thanks, everyone, for following along and all the supportive comments along the way. 

This kit also includes a machinery and sand storage building, which is a mini-gem in itself.  As I noted elsewhere, I am delaying that until I get my layout re-worked. 

So for now, the gandy dancers are removing old mainlines to make way for the new right-of-way.

--Opa  George

Zephyrus52246

Wonderful work.  Beautifully detailed structure.  Looking forward to seeing you build your new layout.

Jeff

NKP768

Beautiful job George - great thread!
Doug

S&S RR

Great looking build George. I will also be looking forward to watching your next layout come together.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad