small office

Started by deemery, September 14, 2020, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

I painted a .015 x .030 strip on-edge the trim color, then sandwiched that between .015 x .030 unpainted (white) strip on the bottom and .015 x .040 strip on the white.  The total trim is .085.  I edge-glued that to the roof, and added .080 square bracing on the porch roof.  This needs some paint touch-up.

Then I added the pillars, glued to the porch foundation.  The roof is still removable, so I can finish the interior and add lighting before tackling the gable roof.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Really like it Dave.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

I think I might drill peg holes from the floor and ceiling into the pillars, to make them more sturdy. 

dave

postalkarl

Hey Dave:

Beautiful job on this one as usual

Karl

deemery

I found a package of old Precision Lasercraft self-stick light grey wood shingles.  After a bit of drybrushing, they're good to go. 

Then I constructed the gable ends ('shiplap' for the front and clapboard for the back), including nibbling out the slot for the roof panel's bracing, and glued them into place.

Finally, I glued one of the roof panels.  I'll let that dry thoroughly and then attach the other.

dave

deemery

Some paint touch-up to do, but this is basically done.

I hope Tom will accept this for the Tapahoe, after all the Judge needs a place to work!

dave

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Very nice.  The scroll detail really adds to the look.  Nice interior as well.

Jeff

BandOGuy

Looking at the interior, the only thing missing seems to be the Judge's filing system for all of the humorous quotations tales he regales us with. Shudder to think they may all be from memory.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

deemery

Quote from: BandOGuy on September 23, 2020, 08:10:12 PM
Looking at the interior, the only thing missing seems to be the Judge's filing system for all of the humorous quotations tales he regales us with. Shudder to think they may all be from memory.

There's lots of room to store old issues of Railroad magazine underneath the bench.

dave

MAP

Mark

Dennis Bourey

Agreed Great build Dave...Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

deemery

It's hard to get the phone camera exposure right, but you can see a bit of the interior in the lit building.  There's some significant light bleed through the styrene, but overall I don't think it's too offensive.

I do like the light from the windows shining on the porch floor.

dave

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL