MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILROAD - WESTERN DIVISION - PART THREE

Started by Erieman, March 17, 2020, 11:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbvb

The tracks under the elevated structure remind me of a scene in Cambridge, MA where B&M industrial spurs served a warehouse under an elevated trolley line. Alas, the trolley line was the last survivor and it was removed earlier this year.
James

Erieman

James,

Thank you for your kind words. Glad you like the scene. Lots of work as well you can imagine. Glad you like the scene. I worked nearby and this probably is in my memory banks. Stay  tuned for more

Frank / Erieman

jbvb

I didn't know you'd worked in Boston.  There were two parallel spurs under the Lechmere Viaduct on the Green Line, next to (I think) Cambridge St.  They stand out in my memory particularly because Erewhon Trading Co., an early natural foods business, had their warehouse next to the viaduct in the 1970s.  They received leased airslide covered hoppers of grain on the spurs.  A quick search doesn't turn up a photo of the brown/white lettering paint job, but I will ask other B&M modelers.
James

ACL1504

Frank,

The layout is overall wonderful. Are you going to extend the elevated track or have it at an end a little further on?

Inquiring minds and all that. 8) [size=78%] [/size]

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 30, 2020, 08:42:23 AM
Frank,

The layout is overall wonderful. Are you going to extend the elevated track or have it at an end a little further on?

Inquiring minds and all that. 8)

Tom ;D

Tom,

The elevated track is a total of 10 feet long. it is broken into three power zones that will be controlled by a small computer. The trolley will idle in station one for a set period of time, the accelerate to zone two. Upon reaching zone three, the trolley will slow down, stopping at the opposite station. I had considered extending the line, but shelved it. I am working on filling in the open spaces with lots of other structures. I think i am closing on 300 structures on the layout. Hard to believe.

Frank / Erieman

GPdemayo

Quote from: Erieman on July 30, 2020, 10:20:12 PM

.....I think i am closing on 300 structures on the layout. Hard to believe.

Frank / Erieman

Some people are just natural overachievers..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 31, 2020, 03:19:59 PM

Frank / Erieman

Greg,

Funny comment. I look it differently. Consider dusting all these structures. No fun at all!!!

Frank

tct855

Frankie,
             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY1SM1_wWZg
                                                                                               Thanx Thom...

Jim Donovan

Frank;
What Thom said, kinda.

Jim D

PS hope you put a video up of the trolley operating when complete, should look great.
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Quote from: Erieman on July 31, 2020, 10:45:43 PM

Frank / Erieman

Greg,

Funny comment. I look it differently. Consider dusting all these structures. No fun at all!!!

Frank

How about I send the hurricane out your way......you can open all the windows in the layout building and get the dust blown off without any work on your part.  :) :) ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Frank:

It's looking just beautiful. Keep the progress pics flowing.

Karl

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 01, 2020, 10:02:37 AM

Frank / Erieman

Greg,

Frank

How about I send the hurricane out your way......you can open all the windows in the layout building and get the dust blown off without any work on your part.  :) :) ;D

Greg,
I went back to look at a prior post and apparently i pressed the wrong button regarding the number of buildings. It should read 200 plus. My bad. That's still a lot of buildings.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: postalkarl on August 01, 2020, 04:57:48 PM
Hey Frank:

It's looking just beautiful. Keep the progress pics flowing.

Karl
Karl, Check out this you tube video of my layout taken  by the guys from TCS .

Frank / Erieman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2TZu4-X_c

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

GPdemayo

Quote from: Erieman on August 01, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on August 01, 2020, 10:02:37 AM

Frank / Erieman

Greg,

Frank

Greg,
I went back to look at a prior post and apparently i pressed the wrong button regarding the number of buildings. It should read 200 plus. My bad. That's still a lot of buildings.

Frank / Erieman

200 / 300.....still qualifies for overachiever status.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL