The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bparrish

Tom....

Is that the place where the crowd actually gets along with the preacher  ? ? ? ?

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on September 16, 2020, 05:54:29 PM
Tom....

Is that the place where the crowd actually gets along with the preacher  ? ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

Bob,

I'm not sure as yet. The preacher's name is Pastor Babble. We have to wait and see how the congregation responds.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Judge

The congregation is going to have to open their wallets if they want sewer and water that far out of town.  And Tahope Power and Light Co. will want their share for the electricity.  Preacher Babble will have quite a challenge with the fundraising. At least the cemetery will provide work for the undertaker, I. Plantem.   

PaulS

Quote from: Judge on September 19, 2020, 05:26:30 PM
The congregation is going to have to open their wallets if they want sewer and water that far out of town.  And Tahope Power and Light Co. will want their share for the electricity.  Preacher Babble will have quite a challenge with the fundraising. At least the cemetery will provide work for the undertaker, I. Plantem.

Great work as always Tom and Team !!!
Bill that undertaker must then be Isaac N. Plantem ....
All the best guys, be well and keep up the wonderful work on the A&S,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Judge

Actually, the undertaker's name is Iben Gunna Plantem.  He has a helper whose name is, of course, Digger.

PaulS

Quote from: Judge on September 20, 2020, 02:14:16 PM
Actually, the undertaker's name is Iben Gunna Plantem.  He has a helper whose name is, of course, Digger.

Excellent Bill !!!  :D
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

ACL1504

Have you ever gotten to the point of wanting to do something and then realize two+ years have gone by and you still haven't done it?

Well, today I changed/did the thing I've had on my mind for two+ years. You've heard the Judge and I mention our bridges. There are three, one for each level. In the past, I've leaned them up against the layout only to knock them over and or break the rails out of the ties plates.

Recently, over the past 8 months, I've been laying them on the Summit level of the layout. They still get in the way here also.

I finally got off my a++ and hung them on the ends of the two book cases.

I drilled holes in the ends and screwed in two hooks.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I screwed in an eye screw on each bridge. I then hung them as shown below. Up off the layout and off the floor.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Now I have this portion of the layout back. ;D

Not to worry, I'll find something else to put here so it can be in the way later as well. :-X
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

ACL1504

A few weeks ago we decided to move out POL (petroleum, oil and lubricants) Train. We have some very old tankers in this one. Starting with the Republic three dome tank car and the next six cars are all Athearn. Each of these cars are 40+ years old and still in revenue service. Nothing is broken or missing on any of the cars.

As a child, I did blow up model cars and planes with Cherry Bombs and M80 firecracker. However, I didn't tear up my trains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofK0t_kJfYI
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 27, 2020, 02:52:28 PM
Quote from: Rusty Robot on October 27, 2020, 02:47:34 PM
That hotel is great! Is that a kit?

Craig,

No, it's a Heinz 57 scratch build.  8)

Amazing. Do you have a build post for it?

Tom ;D

ACL1504

Quote from: Rusty Robot on October 27, 2020, 02:54:42 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on October 27, 2020, 02:52:28 PM
Quote from: Rusty Robot on October 27, 2020, 02:47:34 PM
That hotel is great! Is that a kit?

Craig,

No, it's a Heinz 57 scratch build.  8)

Amazing. Do you have a build post for it?

Tom ;D

Craig.

No sorry, I traded this for some Jordan vehicles. John Mancuso got this off Ebay some years ago. There are some imperfections on it that I don't like. I plan on scratch building my own version in the future.

I'll get some extra photos up and show you all that is on the structure. I traded it as it will go perfectly in the "other side of the tracks" section on my layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

That Hotel will look great with Tom's city scenery around it. I purchased it on a whim because it looked really great. I quickly realized it didn't really go with my New England Backwoods narrow gauge theme...It looked like the Eiffel Tower surrounded by one story clapboard shacks  :o .

Good job with the bridge storage Tom.

John