2020 Winter Build Challenge

Started by Raymo, December 09, 2019, 08:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd W.

Im in!  I wanted to do this last year, but the wife had some health complications and we also had so many projects with the podcast stuff.  Just have to pick something out.  Leaning towards J.J. Hollander's Gym by FOS, but will decide in a few days!
Your railroad your way, it's your world.
http://hoscalecustoms.com

You can also follow us on instagram @ http://instagram.com/hoscalecustoms/

NEMMRRC

Only a few hours before the challenge starts. Where do we post our build threads?

Jaime

S&S RR

Ready to start - I found the box on the shelf so I can open it for pictures tomorrow.  Are we going to do individual build threads in the kit build area like we did last year?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on December 31, 2019, 07:44:50 PM
Ready to start - I found the box on the shelf so I can open it for pictures tomorrow.  Are we going to do individual build threads in the kit build area like we did last year?
Yes please..

Mark Dalrymple

Its been tomorrow here for nearly 16 hours!  I'm underway!

Oh - and winter?  Its mid summer here and 33.5C (92F).

Cheers, mark.

NEMMRRC

Quote from: mark dalrymple on December 31, 2019, 09:47:48 PM
Its been tomorrow here for nearly 16 hours!  I'm underway!

Oh - and winter?  Its mid summer here and 33.5C (92F).

Cheers, mark.
Just be sure to post your photos right-side-up.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

I'm posting my 2020 Winter* Build Challenge here:
2020 Build Challenge - House On The Hill

Jaime

* Summer for those in the Southern half of this planet  ::)

Larry.h

I'll be joining the 2020 Winter Build Challenge with my Cimmaron stock pen. The build thread is at http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4885.0

Raymo

ACL1504

Okay, OK, I'm in on this one as well.

It won't be a FOS or FSM build but it will be something different. Haven't decided to scratch, kit or kitbash.

I'm up to my elbows in scenery now.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Tom  8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 07, 2020, 01:39:26 PM

It won't be a FOS or FSM build but it will be something different. Haven't decided to scratch, kit or kitbash.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Tom  8)
Your builds are always quite informative. Thanks Tom!

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 07, 2020, 01:39:26 PM

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Tom  8)

Great to have you join us Tom. We need to keep the streak going.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Hey!  If the deadline for filing income taxes was extended from April 15th to July 15th does that mean we have until July 15th to finish our Winter Build Challenge?   ::)  I already filed my income tax returns (and sent them my payment) but I haven't finished my Build Challenge yet.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 20, 2020, 01:06:02 PM
Hey!  If the deadline for filing income taxes was extended from April 15th to July 15th does that mean we have until July 15th to finish our Winter Build Challenge?   ::)  I already filed my income tax returns (and sent them my payment) but I haven't finished my Build Challenge yet.   ;D

I agree with Bob. It will take until July 15 for me to finish my challenge build.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com