Jordan buckboard

Started by barrymk, March 12, 2017, 08:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrymk

Not much modelling done recently due to a flu type bug that's laid us low here so here is a small project that helped me back into model work. This old Jordan buckboard was started years ago and I lost interest. When I came back to it today I found one of the tiny support springs for the seat had gone with the faeries. Bah! Then I thought what would you do in the thirties if your wagon broke? Fix it? Nope! Git one a them a'rmobiles and leave the danged thing to rot. Problem solved! When I find a home for it I may break the odd spoke too, we'll see....

A couple of minutes were spent gluing on three wheels and putting the seat on askew followed by the fallen wheel and traces suitably positioned.  With some grass growing between some broken spokes and a bird perched on the seat this should make a fine detail.
Modelling my version of Colorado Narrow Gauge here in the UK.  Any resemblance to reality is purely accidental.

Zephyrus52246

Looks great.  Neat way to use it on the layout as well.

Jeff

GPdemayo

If your time period or local is close, the broken down buggy in the weeds and other debris will look great.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

barrymk

I model mid thirties, rural, fictitious Colorado Greg.  We still had our milk and bread delivered by horse and cart in the early sixties in middle England so I'm happy with the zeitgeist here!
Modelling my version of Colorado Narrow Gauge here in the UK.  Any resemblance to reality is purely accidental.

ACL1504

Quote from: barrymk on March 12, 2017, 10:28:49 AM
I model mid thirties, rural, fictitious Colorado Greg.  We still had our milk and bread delivered by horse and cart in the early sixties in middle England so I'm happy with the zeitgeist here!

Barry,

Very nice job on the buckboard. My mom had milk and eggs delivered at the house until 1963. I remember going with her to the turkey farm to pick out the bird for Thanksgiving.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Wonderful job on the buckboard and fantastic recovery from the missing part.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ak-milw

I did the same with the open wagon kit. works great.

barrymk

Thanks very much for the comments.