2020 Build Challenge: FSM The Rock Bunker

Started by rpdylan, January 01, 2020, 08:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpdylan

this is what I chose- reading through the instructions it looks like this is a challenging little kit- lots of stuff in the box. My target is to start this weekend. First thing is to make some copies of the templates so I don't ruin them accidentally during the build process. perusing the instructions, it appears as the walls will be built in close to the same manner as I did with the Bartholow Coal build.  Being as this is a 40+ year old kit, the painting/staining instructions are out of date as I don't have any Floquil products left!
Bob C.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Bob,

Count me in with the rest of the followers. Any FSM build is a good one.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

I'll be following along, Bob.

I am quite partial to this particular FSM offering, and don't believe I have ever seen a build thread on it.

Cheers, Mark.

Raymo

Great choice! Another old school FSM build.

S&S RR

Bob

I will be following along. I have this kit on my build list and will be following with great interest. The original is on Gil Feitag's layout.  I will try to remember too post a couple pictures if you are interested.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

I'll be following along as well.  This is the kit that got me hooked on FSM kits as well as craftsman kits in general.  My first FSM build and first big dollar kit.  I think I paid $70 for it when I bought it a long, long time ago.  :D 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

NEMMRRC

I'm eager to see this one built. I've seen it built differently at a narrow gauge contest room and it was impressive.

Jaime

Karl O

Hello,

I have built this kit twice and think it's really under-rated in the FSM library of kits. If you'd like to see my last build of this kit I have some photos of it. Cheers,

Karl O

rpdylan

Hey Karl, I actually have your build thread on a short cut on my favorites! Nice job! I also mixed up homemade stain like you did! Thanks!
Bob C.

Opa George

Bob, looks like a great choice for the winter build. I'll be looking in. I've been considering a small area of similar type industries so this will be very helpful.
--Opa George

Oldguy

Looking forward on how you approach this kit.  I have been holding off on mine.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Judge

John - This kit should be a true test of artistic modeling.  A daunting challenge.  But you are up to it.  I will follow along with the others.  You should finish the kit quickly since you are enjoying the winter season and can't do much else.  It's a summy 70 degrees where I sit.  Sorry about that.

BTW, Happy New Year to you!

The Judge

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Karl O on January 01, 2020, 09:46:02 PM

Hello,

I have built this kit twice and think it's really under-rated in the FSM library of kits. If you'd like to see my last build of this kit I have some photos of it. Cheers,

Karl O
Is that build on this forum?

I've always wondered if the kit was based on a prototype structure.

Jaime