FSM Kit #35 2 Stall engine House

Started by postalkarl, July 06, 2020, 05:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey George:

thank you very much. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Karl

Jerry

I missed this one Karl.

Your usual standard of fine modeling.  And those perfect color choices!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

HeyJerry:

Thanks for the great compliment. Much appreciated as always.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Guys:

got a little more work done today. Added the work Benches, signs and vines to the outside of the walls. Hope it looks OK.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

WigWag Workshop

The vines look great, it reminded me that I need to add some to my J. Keen build.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

postalkarl

Hey Curt & Steven:

Hey Guys thanks for the great compliments. Much appreciated. Glad you like the vines Steven.

Thanks much you two:

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Guys:

Got a fair amount of work done today with it's Laser cut skylights. Got the Main, cupola and cupola roof installed today.  Roof is painted with Rust-Oleum green primer. Cupola is stained with A&I. Rain gutters are painted with Ace hardware Red Oxide Primer as is the rest of the red trim. Roof is dry-brushed with Apple Barrel #20526 Country Grey. Hope it looks OK.

Karl

deemery

Roofing paper looks great!  I'll probably steal that approach for the roof on my little roundhouse.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

bparrish

Karl....... great build.......... cool colors. 

I only used aniline dye on mine.  I too was a 9.95 buyer in 1969.  In fact I was still in Viet Nam and a friend was kit collecting for me while I was gone.  Ten bux for a kit ! ! ! ! ! Holy comoly ! ! !     What we know now ! ! !

When I first built this (40 years ago) I was never really happy with the roof as it was too much of one color and yelled really loud.  Also I moved about 30 years ago to creating scenes on my railroad so this was a no brainer.

Those boys have been working on that roof for 30 years.  Must not be a union job.

Again Karl...... pretty cool build.

see ya
Bob

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Dave & Bob:

thanks for the great compliments much appreciated.  Bob you engine house looks just great. Thanks for posting the photo.

Karl

ACL1504

Karl,

The engine house looks fantastic. Even the  older FSM kits still look great when built.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

He Guys:

Oh well as the say in Germany Es ist fertig. It is finished.

Karl