FOS Harbor Master Office build.

Started by ACL1504, July 21, 2020, 06:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 22, 2020, 08:43:17 AM
I hope working with wood doesn't get confusing after working with so much brass.....I'll be looking in.  ;)

Greg,

I think I'll be okay if I don't try to solder any wood parts together. Thanks for following along.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

Count me in, Tom.  These KoMs are really neat to watch coming together.

--Opa George

Judge

This kit could be kitbashed a number of ways.  First, it doesn't have to be a harbormaster shack.  Such a thing is not needed on the Tahope River since there is no harbor.  The dock could be extended to allow more boats to tie up, then the building could be a restaurant and gas station.  Newt Fisher's father, Luke, could run it and serve blue crabs and fried fish.  That would give Luke an opportunity to sell his blue crabs locally without a middleman and it would improve the quality of life on Eaton's curve.  Newt could finally accomplish something if he was in charge of servicing the boats that stopped by for lunch.  Sweaty Betty might see the handwriting on the wall and agree to take over the cooking end of the project.  Imagine the breakfast menu:  Tahope River Fried Catfish;  Fried eggs the way you like 'em; Cheese grits; Breaded and fried Gator tail, and Betty's homemade biscuits with orange blossom honey.  Makes a Florida boy's mouth water.  And, of course, iced tea. Beer, $.25 extra.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Opa George

Fried eggs, grits and iced tea on a lazy river morning.  That's the life.
--Opa George

ACL1504

Quote from: Opa George on July 22, 2020, 12:58:48 PM
Count me in, Tom.  These KoMs are really neat to watch coming together.

--Opa George

George,

Thanks for following along on this one. I like his KOM kits. They will fix almost anywhere on any layout.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on July 22, 2020, 03:26:09 PM
    This kit could be kitbashed a number of ways.  First, it doesn't have to be a harbormaster shack.  Such a thing is not needed on the Tahope River since there is no harbor.  The dock could be extended to allow more boats to tie up, then the building could be a restaurant and gas station.  Newt Fisher's father, Luke, could run it and serve blue crabs and fried fish.  That would give Luke an opportunity to his blue crabs locally and it would improve the quality of life on Eaton's curve.  Newt could finally accomplish something if he was in charge of servicing the boats that stopped by for lunch.  Sweaty Betty might see the handwriting on the wall and agree to take over the cooking end of the project.  Imagine the breakfast menu:  Tahope River Fried Catfish;  Fried eggs the way you like 'em; Cheese grits; Breaded and fried Gator tail, and Betty's homemade biscuits with orange blossom honey.  Makes a Florida boy's mouth water.  And, of course, iced tea. Beer, $.25 extra.

Bill,

I'll go over some of my ideas for this one on Saturday.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 22, 2020, 04:45:41 PM
I would eat that meal.

Curt,

No catfish for me, hate the stuff. However, gator tail is tough meat but does in fact taste like old chicken. Love cheesy grits.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Opa George on July 22, 2020, 08:08:04 PM
Fried eggs, grits and iced tea on a lazy river morning.  That's the life.
--Opa George

George,

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt but back then it was Kool-Aid.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

All good but no grits. Been in Jacksonville and Tampa since I was 17. No grits then, no grits today. I'll catch the catfish if they need help. One of the best tasting freshwater fish around.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Tom

I will be following along - I'M interested to see what you come up with.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Judge

Jim - No grits?  Pu-lease!  You must have only had runny, tasteless quaker grits out of a pasteboard carton.  You should try real stone-ground grits like the ones you get from Falls Mill in Tennessee.  We order them ten bags at a time.  Yum, yum. 

ReadingBob

Will hush puppies be on the menu?  Can't have my catfish or crab without hush puppies ya' know.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Don't forget the pimento cheese guys..... :D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL