Bar Mills Seckler's Cold Storage Background Flat for the A&S

Started by ReadingBob, December 26, 2019, 02:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on May 03, 2020, 07:04:18 PM
Bob,
Another great build and Thank You again for all the photos you shared in this process.
The lighting job is amazing. Will have to run some Oreo cookies thru the chocolate machine while all the photos are being studied.
Either it's living in Minnesota too long but this build gives me the chills...
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.  Much appreciated.  I certainly don't miss the Pennsylvania winters.  I can't even begin to imagine what the Minnesota winters are like.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: Oldguy on May 03, 2020, 09:22:03 PM
That is a great looking building.  Very well done.

Thank you for the kind words Bob and thanks for following along.  Much appreciated.  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: tct855 on May 03, 2020, 10:15:59 PM
Bob,
       What a fantastic job, (of course) as usual.  This is an awesome job, love the lights!  Tom will love this and many who visit will take lots of pictures.  Thanks for sharing.  Thanx Thom...

Thanks Thom!  Very much appreciate the kind words coming from someone who's spent so much time around the FSM.  That sets the bar pretty high.    ;) 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on May 04, 2020, 06:52:35 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on May 03, 2020, 02:19:49 PM
Bob,

Holy Moly, what a beautiful build. I'm speechless, this is absolutely fantastic.  I'm curious though, do the Oreos come with the build?

Now, I really do owe you lunch forever. Thank you so very much for this build.

Tom ;D

Sorry, the Oreo's don't require cold storage.   ;D ;D

You are certainly more than welcome.  Now I need to figure out a way to sneak it down your way and drop it off.   ;)

Bob,

No need to sneak, I'll be here this Saturday morning. Lunch on me.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Absolutely great work Bob.....besides a guy that likes Oreo's is always at the top of the list.  8) .
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Oreos are kosher. 

Learned that from a Jewish friend when I was in the Army National Guard.  She kept kosher,  even in the field, and always had a bag of Oreos.  I said, "Can I convert?"  She replied, "You gotta get circumcised before you get any of THESE cookies."    ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

John B

I like the "depth" that the different colors present when you look at the building straight on. Great work

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 04, 2020, 08:44:03 AM
Absolutely great work Bob.....besides a guy that likes Oreo's is always at the top of the list.  8) .

Thanks Greg!  Much appreciated.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: deemery on May 04, 2020, 09:03:39 AM
Oreos are kosher. 

Learned that from a Jewish friend when I was in the Army National Guard.  She kept kosher,  even in the field, and always had a bag of Oreos.  I said, "Can I convert?"  She replied, "You gotta get circumcised before you get any of THESE cookies."    ;D

dave

Gee, you learn all kinds of things on this forum.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: John B on May 04, 2020, 10:19:40 AM
I like the "depth" that the different colors present when you look at the building straight on. Great work

Thanks John!  I just matched, as closely as possible, the colors of the pilot model.  I wasn't sure about the different shades of white at first but the way it turned out I like it.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

PRR Modeler

I just saw the build in person Bob and it's fabulous.  I can't believe how thin and smooth you got the stucco on the walls.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Oldguy

Quote from: deemery on May 04, 2020, 09:03:39 AM
Oreos are kosher. 

dave
That had t be interesting how she kept kosher.  You're just lucky that she wasn't a mohel.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 17, 2020, 09:02:54 AM
I just saw the build in person Bob and it's fabulous.  I can't believe how thin and smooth you got the stucco on the walls.

Thank you for the kind comment Curt!  :D 

For this one I mixed the Durham's water putty with the paint and stippled it on the wall.  I figured why mix the water putty with water, stipple it on, let it dry and then paint it?  Why not kill two birds with one stone?  It was a relatively thin craft store acrylic.  Some come out of the bottle like toothpaste and need to be thinned with water.  Not this one.  It had a nice flow to it.  I just dipped my brush in the paint and then the water putty and mixed the to together directly on the wall as I stippled it on.  When it got too thick I'd just mix in more paint.  Not thick enough more water putty.  After a bit I found a nice consistency that seemed to work well and had at it.   :D 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net