Louisiana & Arkansas Railway Ten Wheeler Painting

Started by ACL1504, May 22, 2020, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

My A&S paint shop has a small ten wheeler up next for painting. This is a United/PFM brass loco 4-6-0  known as a ten wheeler. 750 of this model was made by Sam Hongsa in 1976 and sold new for $160.00. While visiting Cliff Powers the Babe bought this from Cliff for $100.00.

The L&A referred to this little loco as the "Hustler". It ran as an overnight train from New Orleans and Shreveport, LA.

The A&S RR will renumber and letter this one for the Atlantic Coast Line.

This photo was taken from the 1977 PFM 14th Edition Cartalog. I already have it in pieces, cleaned and ready to paint.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

EricQuebec

tct855

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: EricQuebec on May 22, 2020, 09:29:58 PM
Very beautiful small loco
Eric

Eric,

Thanks, I'll have a photo of my version later in the week.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on May 23, 2020, 03:14:34 AM
T~,
      Love the engine- All we can say is Whoa! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP8uhXuS2n8 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68iT0DPYdM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRUmkqMIe8  so yeah, whoa!, what a nice buy my friend.  T...

Thom,

Thank you as well. However, I have a long way to go to be as good as you. Just saying.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 23, 2020, 09:11:47 AM
I'll be watching this one..... :)

Greg,

Thanks, I appreciate you following along.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Tom looking forward on how this comes out.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on May 27, 2020, 09:05:19 AM
Tom looking forward on how this comes out.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for following along. Your wait is over.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This one is now finished. I need to do a little paint touch up where I chipped it when reinstalling the WOW sound.

The side rods were all painted with Scalecoat Flat finish. The loco was also finished in flat as well. When I get all the locos painted and sounded, I'll do a day of loco weathering. Until then, they will be tested on the layout and any adjustments needed will be made prior to the final touches and weathering.

I've decaled this one for the Atlantic Coast Line. I was going to swap the oil tender for a short USRA coal tender but left it as is.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 28, 2020, 05:16:39 PM
Oh boy..... 8)

OK Greg.  Slow down big fella.  I'm pretty sure the A&S superintendent is not going to allow you to run that high steppin' ten wheeler wide open.   ;D
Jerry