Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

And finally, for tonights progress report.  The rafter ends are going on the structures for Swakhammer's and Fox Run. Hundreds of rafter ends. ::)

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

As we start out the new year on the S&S RR, I have three structure builds going and the mainline benchwork changes project. The Swakhammer build and the Fox Run build, and the third structure build is my challenge build for 2020 the FSM coal tower number 145.  Here is a link to the build thread.

http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4874.msg132180;topicseen#new
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The plan is to start the brick roundhouse for the Superior Yard when I have completed the Fox Run and Swakhammer builds. It's going to be a busy winter.
John Siekirk

Bruce Oberleitner

Looking Good John. 

I sure wish I lived closer so I could come see your layout in person.  It looks awesome!

;D ;D ;D

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on January 02, 2020, 12:03:06 AM
Looking Good John. 

I sure wish I lived closer so I could come see your layout in person.  It looks awesome!

;D ;D ;D

Bruce

Thank you for following the thread and if you are ever in this part of the country I would love to have you visit the S&S RR.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Slow progress the last couple weeks, when I can get in the train room I have been adding rafter ends to the Swakhammer and Fox Run builds. I'm hoping to get more time for the layout later next week.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The shipping and receiving department on the S&S RR just informed me that we have a very special delivery from Mr. Bob Butts.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I took pictures as I unboxed the build, so we could see how the packaging did for protecting the precious cargo. Bob shipped the package through UPS. The great news is it arrived without damage! The following pictures show how Bob packaged it.  Let me know if you have any questions.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Bob made a 1/2 thick foam core board box that was basically a box inside a box with bubble wrap in-between.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk