Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on January 04, 2020, 05:05:37 PM
Hey John:

Looks really great keep the photo coming.

Karl

Karl

Thank you, I took some detail pictures that I will get posted as soon as possible. The glue is drying on the two small repairs that I needed to make - one lamp post down, and one brace on the sign let loose. The model traveled remarkably well. Bob sent along some details that I will add as soon as I get the final placement determined.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Whew..... 

I'm very happy to see it survived the trip!   :D  :D  :D  I'm honored to now have a build on John's layout.  I'm lucky to have several friends who have wonderful layouts so the stuff I build can be enjoyed by someone rather than stashed away on a shelf in my garage.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!  I really appreciate them! 

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 04, 2020, 05:52:12 PM
Whew..... 

I'm very happy to see it survived the trip!   :D :D :D  I'm honored to now have a build on John's layout.  I'm lucky to have several friends who have wonderful layouts so the stuff I build can be enjoyed by someone rather than stashed away on a shelf in my garage.

Thank you Bob!

One question - I found a pipe loose in the box - you can see it in the picture on the front corner - laying in the street.  Any idea where it came from? I will have some close up pictures later where you can see it better.
John Siekirk

ReadingBob

Quote from: S&S RR on January 04, 2020, 05:54:59 PM
Quote from: ReadingBob on January 04, 2020, 05:52:12 PM
Whew..... 

I'm very happy to see it survived the trip!   :D :D :D  I'm honored to now have a build on John's layout.  I'm lucky to have several friends who have wonderful layouts so the stuff I build can be enjoyed by someone rather than stashed away on a shelf in my garage.

Thank you Bob!

One question - I found a pipe loose in the box - you can see it in the picture on the front corner - laying in the street.  Any idea where it came from? I will have some close up pictures later where you can see it better.

Yes.  That's one of the two pipes that come out of the building an drop down into the, no longer use, water tank in the rear of the building.  Per the instructions I only spot glued them onto the wall of the building.  In hindsight I should have drilled a hole in the wall for each and glued them in the hole. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Here you go.  I found a picture of the pipes in place.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 04, 2020, 06:00:07 PM
Here you go.  I found a picture of the pipes in place.

Bob

That's it.  I found one, so I have one MIA pipe.  I kept all the packaging so I will look for it. Easy to replace if I can't find it. Thank you.

Update: I went through the packaging and found the second pipe so all parts are accounted for.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a couple more photographs that I took of my test fit of the Avram's build.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The picture above is the corner of Butts and Main, in the town of Sellios, on the S&S RR. I fixed the three shipping damage issues just after I took the pictures.  Bob sure did an amazing job on this build.
John Siekirk

ReadingBob

Believe it or not there's an Eileen Butts Street in Ormond Beach, FL.  That's my wife's name.   ;D  We need to go over there someday and take a picture of her standing next to one of the street signs.

I'm certainly glad the damage was minimal.  It must have gotten tossed around a bit to shake some of those things loose.   :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 06, 2020, 01:02:41 PM
Believe it or not there's an Eileen Butts Street in Ormond Beach, FL.  That's my wife's name.   ;D  We need to go over there someday and take a picture of her standing next to one of the street signs.

I'm certainly glad the damage was minimal.  It must have gotten tossed around a bit to shake some of those things loose.   :o

Bob

I hope you and your wife make it up here so I can take your picture at the corner of Butts and Main.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 06, 2020, 01:40:07 PM
John,

It looks fantastic on the S&S RR.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you, as you know Bob does great work.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I finished gluing on the rafter ends for the main building of the Swakhammer build. Final inspection, trimming, and touch up staining and I will be read to start adding the roofing.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk