Bar Mills Mooney's Plumbing

Started by Bobby, February 16, 2015, 02:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby

Greetings Folks,

Longtime lurker, sporadic poster.

Check out my last build of Bar Mills' Mooney's Plumbing.

Walls have been prepped with an AI wash, lifted and scuffed a few boards, painted and added signs. Just waiting for the Canopy glue to dry on some of the windows:

Starting to put the structure together, adding roofing:

And it's mostly done! Castings are painted and the structure is weathered with some powders and dry brushing. I'm not sure if I'm going to put this on my small shelf layout or just build a small diorama so there are more finished castings set aside for now.

Bobby - THE Goat!

ACL1504

Bobby,

It really looks great. The colors, weathering and all are very well done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

chooch41

Very impressive. I really like the roofing....... Great job. Thanks for posting....

Brad

ReadingBob

Very nice.  Everything looks very natural and blends together quite well.  Great job!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Kingred

What a neat building, and great skill assembling it.

I think your muted colors are really convincing. Excellent work at creating realism.
~Kingred

Bobby

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 16, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
Bobby,

It really looks great. The colors, weathering and all are very well done.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom!
Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Quote from: chooch41 on February 16, 2015, 02:36:58 PM
Very impressive. I really like the roofing....... Great job. Thanks for posting....

Brad

Thanks Brad!
Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Quote from: Kingred on February 16, 2015, 02:42:59 PM
What a neat building, and great skill assembling it.

I think your muted colors are really convincing. Excellent work at creating realism.
~Kingred

Thanks Kingred!
Bobby - THE Goat!

UP Fan

Very nicely done, Bobby.  I like your use of the weathering powders.  I vote for making it a diorama.  It would be a shame to shelf this one.

Bob

Mark Dalrymple

Nice build, Bobby.

Its a great looking kit and you've done a great job.  I really like the water tower central over the ridge.  Its an alteration I plan to do on Campbell's Brets Brewery when I build it.  Do you have a layout build thread of your small shelf layout?

Cheers, Mark.

Bobby

Quote from: UP Fan on February 18, 2015, 11:05:50 PM
Very nicely done, Bobby.  I like your use of the weathering powders.  I vote for making it a diorama.  It would be a shame to shelf this one.

Bob

Thanks Bob! I have some room on my small 2'x5' shelf layout to plant this structure on but I'm still unsure of what to do with that last bit of precious real estate...
Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 18, 2015, 11:20:44 PM
Nice build, Bobby.

Its a great looking kit and you've done a great job.  I really like the water tower central over the ridge.  Its an alteration I plan to do on Campbell's Brets Brewery when I build it.  Do you have a layout build thread of your small shelf layout?

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks Mark! You have posted some mighty fine work on your layout on the forums. I posted a thread on the "old" forum about my layout many moons ago and I have since changed residences, tore up the track work and replaced/modified it. I'm terrible at documenting my progress, I just go for it and then after the fact I think about how I should have noted the process. That sums up why there are gaps this "build" thread.
Bobby - THE Goat!

Mike Engler

Some great modeling. The colors and weathering are excellent. Hope we see another soon- lurk less, post more.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

NEMMRRC

Very nice work on the roofs. I like it.

Jaime

Zephyrus52246