Fine Scale Miniatures Jewel Series #10 Avram's Bakery for the S&S RR

Started by ReadingBob, January 04, 2019, 02:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

I took a very small scrap of the photo mounting board I use for the lighting circuit and glued it in place under the hole I had drill in the roof.  I drilled a hole the same size as the nail in the mounting board and now I have something that will hole the collector in place (and upright) when I install it.

Glued in place using 5 minute epoxy.  :D  The rest of the supports and collector pipes were then attached and pitch was added.  A someone tedious task so I didn't bother taking photo's as I was occupied trying to hold things in place and the camera angle wasn't good.

Last picture for today.  I realized at this point that the quite a few of the upcoming steps call for painting strip wood the trim color.  For once in my life I read ahead, got organized and counted out the pieces of strip wood for each step, labeled them and then painted and weather them all.  In the past, more times than I would care to admit, I'd prepare the strip wood for one step and then curse myself when I got to the next step and found I had to break out the same paints and go through the process again.  Over and over.   ;D  ;D  ;D

That's it for now.  The loading docks, porches and stairs for the main building get added next.  After the building has been glued in place.

Thanks for following along!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PRR Modeler

Bob your work is always top notch and this is no different.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 12, 2019, 09:36:26 AM

I echo Curt's thoughts.  Couldn't have said it better.

Jim

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Thank you Curt!   :D  Very much appreciated. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: jimmillho on July 12, 2019, 10:26:59 AM

I echo Curt's thoughts.  Couldn't have said it better.

Jim

Thank you Jim!   :D  Also very much appreciated!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: deemery on July 12, 2019, 12:20:39 PM
Good idea for mounting the dust collector!

dave

:D  :D  :D

Dust collector!  For the life of me I couldn't remember what that was called when I was updating the thread.   :o  My fix for the oversized hole worked out as well as I could have hoped.  I use 5 minute epoxy to glue it in place so I got lucky that nail held it as straight as I could have hoped for.  I didn't have to touch it while the glue set. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Dave K.

Mark Dalrymple

Beautiful work, Bob.  The bakery is coming on a treat!

Cheers, Mark.

ReadingBob

Quote from: Dave K. on July 17, 2019, 06:41:06 PM
I thought it was the big rooftop pipe thingie.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

That works too!  Never had them in a building I worked in.  Maybe we should.  They could be used to collect all those PHB (Pointy Haired Boss) ideas and dispose of them. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: mark dalrymple on July 17, 2019, 06:51:23 PM
Beautiful work, Bob.  The bakery is coming on a treat!

Cheers, Mark.

Thank you Mark!  I'm really happy with how it's coming together.  It's always a joy to build a Fine Scale Miniatures kit.  :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

S&S RR

Bob

It all looks great!  You sure are organized - and reading ahead on the instructions. ::)  Back in my working days I would take a picture of the instructions and read them on my iPad or computer during all those long boring meetings.

Fantastic work Bob - I can't wait to follow your build thread when you build that world class layout. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Lynnb

Bob your build looks fantastic, I need to go back to the beginning from January and start over, I hate skimming and missing the great tips.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

Looks like you are making good progress. Keep the photos coming.

Karl

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com