On30 Brass Rail Truck rebuild/Dcc sound upgrade pictorial

Started by tct855, December 10, 2017, 08:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

Hi everyone!

Wanted to share pics of a fun rebuild & Dcc sound upgrade.  After stripping and soldering loose parts, I worked on articulating front bogie to traverse uneven track better.  Added all wheel pickups.  Added Zimo sound decoder with current keeper and nano led headlights, 2x3mm cab light and nano red led in a custom made rear lantern and peeling paint weathering.  Hope you enjoy!  One note here:  Bryan from The Streamlined Backshop helped me with the Zimo 4 cylinder gasoline sound file.  Very cool.

Thanx Thom...

tct855

More views...

tct855

More...
The last overexposed pic, hopefully, shows the passenger holding a drinking cup in his left hand.  Thanx Thom...

GPdemayo

Great work Thom.....love all the details.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Thom,

This rebuild is absolutely wonderful.  You have certainly done a professional job on the rebuild.

This lighting is spectacular and just adds to the overall realism of the model.

All my thumbs up on this one KPI.

Tom ;D

PS: I did get your email. Wonderful stuff.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

This is really a very neat model.  it get my WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Drees
SP RR

cuse

Man, I LOVE that thing! That is just the type of critter I want to someday populate my little HOn30 railroad with. Great job!

John

donatode

I just want to reinforce the previous WoWs with my own WoW....!!!

Great workmanship Thom.

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

tct855

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Zephyrus52246

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL