Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on August 19, 2019, 11:02:22 PM
Holy sh*t Batman can we ever get through this maze??

John you lost me after the first wire.  Your wiring expertise is amazing!!

Jerry

Jerry

I hope the control panels make it simple to operate.  I do have some hours into them. :o  I plan on having a group over this fall/winter for a test run.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Well, today I finished the fourth control panel.  I decided to take another picture from the same angle as the one from yesterday.  The facia is on the front and the moldings are about 70 percent. I have all of the tortoise machines installed and running in the South Superior Yard,  the North Superior Yard, and the East Superior Yard.  I'm at 44 of the 54 turnouts for the complete Superior Yard. Ten more to go in the West Superior Yard. ;D  I will then start the drop wires and getting power to the tracks. It's getting closer. ::)  So I've had a yellow box sitting on my workbench for 3 weeks now.  Maybe another week and we can open it up and get started.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I think I will add a molding around the hole in the wall until I can build the structure that is planned for there.
John Siekirk

Blazeman

I don't know what words to use to convey how impressed I am.

deemery

Quote from: S&S RR on August 20, 2019, 09:51:06 PM
I think I will add a molding around the hole in the wall until I can build the structure that is planned for there.

Or design and (color) print a building flat over the opening... 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: Blazeman on August 21, 2019, 07:58:05 AM
I don't know what words to use to convey how impressed I am.

Thank you for following along and your kind comments.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on August 21, 2019, 08:21:19 AM
Quote from: S&S RR on August 20, 2019, 09:51:06 PM

Or design and (color) print a building flat over the opening... 

dave

Dave

I will come up with something  - I have some ideas floating around.  On the hallway side of the wall there will be only one level. On the other side there will be a second level.  I'm thinking about an over the tracks tower but haven't come up with a background yet. For now I need to hide the ugly hole.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

cuse

Really really BIG work! Looks like a museum. Great work...sorry i won't be joining you at the NNGC. Have a great time.

John

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on August 22, 2019, 06:16:12 AM
Really really BIG work! Looks like a museum. Great work...sorry i won't be joining you at the NNGC. Have a great time.

John

Thank you for the kind words. The upper level in this area will be dual gauge.  The mines that I will be modeling were serviced by both standard and Narrow gauge lines. We are a few years away from that expansion. ;)

Sorry we will not be able to go look at some great layouts together, this year.  CA is long trip - I have my oldest daughter out there so we are making it a dual purpose trip. As always, I will take some pictures.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Operations on the S&S RR have been halted while we move my daughter and her family.  We had a big surprise when we unloaded the first trailer load at the new house. There was a brand new Thomas the Tank layout table in my trailer for my Grandson's new bedroom. I asked him to help me unload the last few things out of the trailer so he could find it. Great fun!
John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

It is so cool to see a little one's eyes light up with joy.  He'll always cherish these train memories with grandpa.
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on August 24, 2019, 09:00:47 AM
John,

It is so cool to see a little one's eyes light up with joy.  He'll always cherish these train memories with grandpa.

Jerry

I couldn't agree more.  Absolutely, the best part of the hobby.
John Siekirk