Started by Mark Dalrymple, January 01, 2020, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Mark

Your project is coming along nicely - beautiful modeling.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Wow!!!!! That's one heck of a job Mark................Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteThat looks terrific Mark!

Thanks, Bob!

The next section of the wharf will be largely under cover so I have used some Campbells scribed decking.  I used the same weathering and distressing techniques.  The colour came up fine, but you don't get the variation between boards like you do with stripwood.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteMark, wharf and decking look very nice.  Good color to the wood.
Hope Daisy heals quickly!

Thanks, George.

I'm happy with this Golden titan buff as a colouring (and as a substitute for Floquil grime).  I think after doing the process a few times its best to give the wood a bath in leather dye and alcohol first, and then the sponge and paper towel wipe second.

Daisy is doing well.  Its a struggle to keep her quiet!  I try to remind her that she has just had major surgery, but it seems to fall on deaf ears!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteBeautiful modeling.

QuoteYour project is coming along nicely - beautiful modeling.

Thanks Curt and John!

Our Easter convention is looming so I need to make sure I'm prepared for that as well. As well as the layout tour I'm giving a talk - something along the design/ composition/ use of mock-ups line.  I also suggested I might run a structure special interest group.  I've been to four NZ conventions now and there has never been one.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteWow!!!!! That's one heck of a job Mark................Dennis

Thanks, Dennis!

Its been a lot of fun so far.  I think its the most complex structure I've ever attempted.

Cheers, Mark.