Old Tank Car Restored - Should be Fun

Started by ACL1504, February 23, 2020, 02:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Greg,

Thanks for stopping by. Bob is as good as any library when it comes to stuff like this.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I spent the past two days stripping, or attempting to strip, the green paint off the tanker. My guess is that the green paint was lead based. Acetone didn't touch it after soaking for 30 minutes.

I'm not sure the lead paint is the same as what I use to refer to as "milk paint". Both or the same are very difficult to strip.

I ended up using Kwik-Strip by Klean Strip and I still had to use an old brush to get some off. Still, not all  the green paint came off but enough so I can repaint it.

I'll use Floquil Freight Car Brown.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'll leave it in the display case until I'm ready to paint.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com