Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 24, 2019, 12:58:24 PM
Looking good, John.

I really like the yellow for the doors.  It works very well with your stone colour.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for the kind words and for following along, I went with a very dirty yellow. After all, this is a welding shop located in the middle of a railroad yard.  By the way, the name is going to be Grandpa John's Welding, after my dad, who was a welder by trade.  His father, also named John worked in the rail yards in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He got a job fixing cars when his job as a furniture maker was slow. At one time Grand Rapids, MI was world famous for their fine furniture. It could be that working with wood is in my blood.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The stone wall sections are ready to be placed on the baseboard. For now they are just sitting there waiting for the rest of the reinforcements and then the roof cards.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The stone wall detail is setting on a piece of strip wood so the wet glue from the reinforcements will not glue it in a position that I don't want it. That is why you see some air under the right side of the structure.  I'm using up some big basswood strip wood for the reinforcements.

Correction: The little end casting is on upside down. Fixed it when I added the roof card. I must have been tired when I put this together. :-[
John Siekirk

MAP

Coming along really nicely John!  Thanks for all of the progress pics.
Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on November 26, 2019, 06:00:49 AM
Coming along really nicely John!  Thanks for all of the progress pics.

Mark

Thank you for following along - starting to make some progress, it's modeling season.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Jerry

Always a pleasure to see a new post John.

Beautiful coloring on the stonework.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 27, 2019, 11:57:11 AM
Always a pleasure to see a new post John.

Beautiful coloring on the stonework.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  New work leading to new posts coming soon.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I made some more progress on the structure builds, today.  On the Fox Run build the roofing materials started going on.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

On the Swakhammer build the main clapboard buildings got a coat of flat black paint on the interior and started to go together.  I'm gluing them together, before doing the outside staining.

John Siekirk