Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Great update John.

Just a lot to take in your coming along just fine.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Judge

John - I cannot help but comment.  Yellow is probably my favorite color.  You have made it blend into your scenes remarkably well.  We don't get fall colors down here in the swamp so my appreciation of what you have done is doubled.  Keep it going!  Did the GN ever have a yellow caboose? 

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on February 04, 2020, 12:22:35 AM
Great update John.

Just a lot to take in your coming along just fine.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the nice comments.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Judge on February 04, 2020, 06:14:50 AM
John - I cannot help but comment.  Yellow is probably my favorite color.  You have made it blend into your scenes remarkably well.  We don't get fall colors down here in the swamp so my appreciation of what you have done is doubled.  Keep it going!  Did the GN ever have a yellow caboose?

Judge

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  I just love the fall time and especially the aspens in the mountains. In Michigan we have both the aspens and the maples and oaks to give us lots of different colors. 

As for a yellow caboose we have one on the Superior and Seattle RR. We have equipment from all the railroads that serviced the Pacific Northwest all the way to the Lake Superior country of Michigan. It turns out that the Canadian Pacific RR had a yellow caboose.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I have spent most of the past couple of days working on the track work changes.  I walk by my workbenches and add a detail once in a while so I thought I would post and update picture of the Swakhammer build (aka Grandpa John's Welding).

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

vinceg

Quote from: S&S RR on February 07, 2020, 07:56:19 PM
Update:  I have spent most of the past couple of days working on the track work changes.  I walk by my workbenches and add a detail once in a while so I thought I would post and update picture of the Swakhammer build (aka Grandpa John's Welding).

Oh yea, that's what I'm talkin' about! Vintage FSM. Great job, John.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 08, 2020, 08:51:34 AM
Very nice John.

Curt

Thank you, this is a great kit.  I have little detail assemblies under construction all over my work bench, today.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on February 08, 2020, 12:07:27 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on February 07, 2020, 07:56:19 PM

Oh yea, that's what I'm talkin' about! Vintage FSM. Great job, John.

Vince

It sure is Vintage FSM - thank you for the kind words.  I haven't even put a dent in the detail castings yet. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I have spent most of the last couple of days working on track work modifications. I will post pictures when I get it completed.  I'm still working on the structures but a few minutes at a time. I will sit at my workbench long enough to glue a few pieces together and then head back to the track work.
John Siekirk

MAP

Mark

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: NKP768 on February 13, 2020, 04:54:36 PM
Great work John

Doug

Doug

Thank you for stopping by and the kind words. I have't updated in a few days - I have been making a bunch of main line track changes that I need to do for the new and improved - evolved - design. I want to get all the track back in operation before the Grandkids next visit. I plan to take some picture and mark them up with some design notes when I'm finished. 
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Multitasking as usual, John!

Nice progress all round.

Cheers, Mark.