Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Here is a couple progress pictures of the back of the roundhouse.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Finally, for tonight, a progress picture of the 4 stall section of the roundhouse.  The roof cards are all cut and waiting in the paint booth.

John Siekirk

Judge

John - WOW!  That is going to be one heck of a roundhouse.  I can't wait to see it finished.

cuse

Magnificent seems like the right word for that roundhouse...that will be an epic scene on an epic layout.

John

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey John:

Looks just beautiful. Can't wait to see it on the layout.

Karl

jerryrbeach

John,

My hat's off to you!  That is simply beautiful! 

Do you have a forklift hidden in your basement to move models like this (and the larger roundhouse) to the layout?  ;D
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: Judge on July 10, 2020, 09:56:53 PM
John - WOW!  That is going to be one heck of a roundhouse.  I can't wait to see it finished.

Judge

Thank you - we are getting close now.  I will be doing a lot of detail work once it is installed on the layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on July 11, 2020, 07:22:43 AM
Magnificent seems like the right word for that roundhouse...that will be an epic scene on an epic layout.

John

John

Thank you - it's going to look even better once it is surrounded by some scenery. I have a plan. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 11, 2020, 09:01:20 AM
Incredible looking roundhouse John.

Thank you Curt. This has been a long project - I may see a light at the end of the tunnel.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on July 11, 2020, 09:32:10 AM
Hey John:

Looks just beautiful. Can't wait to see it on the layout.

Karl

Karl

Thank you - this will be the first structure on the new section so it will need some scenery around it to look it's best.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on July 11, 2020, 08:52:28 PM
John,

My hat's off to you!  That is simply beautiful! 

Do you have a forklift hidden in your basement to move models like this (and the larger roundhouse) to the layout?  ;D

Jerry

Thank you, I have a cart and and a couple arms that grew up throwing bales of hay. I may bring in reinforcements just in case. ;)
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Looking great, John!

I'm curious as the whether you are going to add rafter tails to all that roofing?  You could set some sort of a record!  Up there with Georges I. M. Boren!

Cheers, Mark.