Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Finally, for tonight.  The walls are going together for the G. Wiliker's build.  Here is the lower level for the main building.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey John:

Looks just great so far. Keep the pics flowing.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

Looking fantastic, John.

Did you hand paint the cows?

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on August 26, 2020, 01:55:39 AM
Hey John:

Looks just great so far. Keep the pics flowing.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the encouraging words - we keep working away at it.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on August 26, 2020, 02:08:52 AM
Looking fantastic, John.

Did you hand paint the cows?

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for following along and the encouragement.  The cows are straight out of the box and will need some chalk and detailing to look more realistic. This is going to be one of those builds where the detailing will take longer than the structure build itself.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Fantastic modeling John. I look forward to seeing the interior you scratchbuild.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on August 26, 2020, 09:03:58 AM
Fantastic modeling John. I look forward to seeing the interior you scratchbuild.

Curt

Thank you - I'm really having fun with this project. I will post progress pictures as it develops.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Looking just great. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

Karl

MAP

Great progress on this build John!  You really know how to juggle multiple builds at the same time.  As usual your stone work is fantastic.  You probably have mentioned it before, but what is that neat looking fixture you're using on the J. Wilikers walls in the picture below?  It looks like a real fancy fixture to hold pieces at a 90 degree angle. 
Mark

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on August 28, 2020, 06:29:58 AM
Great progress on this build John!  You really know how to juggle multiple builds at the same time.  As usual your stone work is fantastic.  You probably have mentioned it before, but what is that neat looking fixture you're using on the J. Wilikers walls in the picture below?  It looks like a real fancy fixture to hold pieces at a 90 degree angle.

Mark

Thank you for following along and the kind words. I like having two or three builds going at once - it's just the way I like to do it.  The layout table is simply a series of T slots with a variety of clamping fixtures sold by Rockler. It works real nice for the assembly of structures. I have been using it now for a couple years so if you look back through this build thread you will see it in action.  I also posted pictures of the various clamps and fixtures.
John Siekirk

Jerry

John I see your off and running two at a time.

Your usual high standards on both.

Always great to follow along with your builds.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on August 28, 2020, 09:19:29 AM
John I see your off and running two at a time.

Your usual high standards on both.

Always great to follow along with your builds.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the encouragement.  I typically have three going at once - I haven't posted an update, lately, but I'm also working on the installation of the Brick Roundhouse - wiring and details that I want to install in place on the layout instead of on the workbench.
John Siekirk

vinceg

I am so glad you're doing this, John. I am lovin it. G Wilikers was THE kit that pulled me into whole craftsman kit disease. Looking forward to building mine someday.

Look great so far!
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on August 28, 2020, 01:43:16 PM
I am so glad you're doing this, John. I am lovin it. G Wilikers was THE kit that pulled me into whole craftsman kit disease. Looking forward to building mine someday.

Look great so far!

Vince

Thank you for following along and the encouragement - I have some more progress to report tonight.
John Siekirk