2020 Build Challenge - FSM kit 145 Coal Tower

Started by S&S RR, January 01, 2020, 01:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on March 26, 2020, 03:41:12 PM
Hey John:

Wow that looks really good. I love your background scenery.it looks very real.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the kind words - I believe that the backgrounds really make our structure models pop.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 26, 2020, 03:45:57 PM
Terrific job John!  That's going to look absolutely fantastic when the scenery is finished and there are loco's and rolling stock on the tracks.   ;)

Thank you, there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, actually underneath the layout, to get those locomotives rolling.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 26, 2020, 05:24:09 PM
John,

I agree, great job on the build.

Tom

Tom

Thank you my friend.  I really enjoyed this build.  Today, I moved the model back to the workbench and added some dirt so that I could get going with the final detailing.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

As I mentioned above, I added the first layer of dirt to the baseboard around the coaling tower today.  Here are a few progress pictures of the process.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Lynnb

John this is an amazing build, I have to go digging but I think I have this kit or it may be the Campbell Coal Tower , so much wood , you're are doing it a great justice.  :)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Lynnb on March 28, 2020, 07:21:28 PM
John this is an amazing build, I have to go digging but I think I have this kit or it may be the Campbell Coal Tower , so much wood , you're are doing it a great justice.  :)

Lynn

Thank you for following along and the kind words, this has been a very fun build.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

So the final detailing has been complete on my workbench.  I will add some more detailing and do some touch up once this structure is on the layout. The big thing is to add the scenery materials but I always do that when they are on the layout and I can make it fit the big picture.  So here is the last progress pictures from the workbench.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

You will notice that I did one final lighting test while it was on the workbench.  My fingers got in the way - I was holding the wires on to the battery. :-[

John Siekirk

S&S RR

It looks like a fish story is being told in this scene.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk