SS Ltd Drug Store Build

Started by GaryMc, December 11, 2021, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GaryMc

Off until January and hoping to make some good progress on the Drug Store. Been working on interior details, walls and furniture and found my helper sleeping on the job. Not sure on what the kit manufacturer was thinking on the embossed brick sheets but the embossing stops short by about 1 1/2" of the end of the sheet. If they would of embossed the whole sheet there is enough material to be able to cover the wall assembly in one long continuous piece, instead you have to splice on a piece....oh well. Not real happy where the brick joins together but looks some better after I rolled the seam down.....glue was still wet.
Regards,

Gary

postalkarl

hey Gary:

You are progressing right along. Great work so far.

Karl

deemery

Those SS Ltd kits are a challenge but they do produce nice structures!  Keep with it, you're making good progress on what can be a tough build.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GaryMc

A few more pieces to the puzzle have been assembled for the first level walls and entrance for the apartments above. I replaced the brick embossing where I tried to tooth the brick together and moved the joint to the tower....much happier now. Graffen hope you don't mind if I go with a color scheme close to yours, the lighter colors show the details better in my opinion. The re-designed layout for some of the walls that have been changed from cardstock to bass wood.
Regards,

Gary

Graffen

Nice!
That building almost tells us the paint scheme itself!  8)
The light color scheme I used actually makes the details more obvious.

postalkarl

Hey Gary:

That coming along nicely. I'm following along.

Kaerl

GaryMc

Interior details for the second floor are now finished, completely scratch built and it's only 1 out of 3 to do....at least the pharmacy interior has cast detail parts.
Regards,

Gary

MAP

Mark

Opa George

That is exceptionally nice detail work, Gary.  I'm enjoying watching your progress.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

postalkarl

Hey Gary:

What can I say but beautifully done.

Karl

GPdemayo

Excellent interior details Gary..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus