Bar Mills Gibley's Furniture Co.

Started by coors2u, February 17, 2014, 09:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coors2u

Next thing was to build the water tank pieces. There is a sign that wraps around these wooden circles. There is a quick build platform for it. Nothing major hear, eyeball and glue.
Dustin

coors2u

I started on the rear loading dock platform. It's somewhat board on board. You glue 2x8 over this comb type piece. Then it fits into a grove in the building. I'll stain it once it's dried and all together.
Dustin

coors2u

That's all for now. More to come this weekend fingers crossed.
Dustin

cuse

Looking good! Another unique one from Bar Mills, challenging, intricate, but not necessarily massive.

Thanks for documenting this build.

John

EricQuebec

Nice looking structure  Dustin.
Eric Québec city

coors2u

Thanks for following along John and Eric.
Dustin

Jerry

Dustin a nice job.  Really like the shingles.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

coors2u

Thanks Jerry. They really add to the building. Well, it's time for some updates.
Dustin

coors2u

Next I worked on the roof section of the loading dock. I'm going to use tar paper but I want to expose some wood so I covered it with some 2x8's.
Dustin

coors2u

There are some neat laser board parts that trim the building in a few places. I paint these with son grimy black. Ill weather them once they are in place. There are several fan units to place in the windows.
Dustin

coors2u

The kit also includes some quick build ladders for extra detail. 
Dustin

coors2u

Here is the loading dock so far.
Dustin

coors2u

Next on the check list was to add the battens. I didn't use a specific pattern. I just eyeballed it and put them where I thought they looked good. No HO building inspectors were consulted. I weathered them with a couple of passes of AI. They are peel and stick so that makes it quick.
Dustin

coors2u

There is a small water tank that sits on the roof. I figured it was a good time to start working on it. You wrap the wood assembly with a laser cut piece of fiber board. It's is a small thread size roll, so I wanted to pre bend it. I sprayed it with several light mist of water and formed it around a dowel. While it was still damp I wrapped a rubber band "wife's hair band". It was only thing I could get to when I needed it. I let it sit for a day, after that I took the band off and coated it with a little glue and perfecto. The top was done in a similar manner. I used a little water to form it. Then I tapped the inside and ran a glue bead down the seam.
Dustin

coors2u

There is a set of trusses that go on the roof. There is a template that is included on how tho cut these out. I think it adds a little character to the building.
Dustin