Jukes Boat Livery. --- a Clever card model

Started by DEFugere, February 19, 2014, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFugere

Next step glue the interior support to the main building, one near the roof and one at the base.

DEFugere

Glued the stone retaining wall in place, foam down, cardboard for road in place and trial placed Jukes for a feel of the scene.

DEFugere

Today's challenge is to work on the dock and small shed attached to Jukes main building and oh yea roofs.

David

DEFugere

There is a small attached shed on one side of Jukes. The first picture shows that shed, roof and the roof for the main building. As before score the folds first then cut the shed from the main sheet. The roofs are too thin as printed so I glued a second blank card to the roof piece for added thickness. I must admit I'm building two Jukes, this helps me correct things without starting the whole project from scratch. This is why I've doubled the thickness of the roofs. The first Jukes had a thin roof, which works but I would like it heavier.

DEFugere

The shed and interior support.

DEFugere

More progress.

DEFugere

Progress as follows . The land forms are covered with sheet rock compound. Painted a base color of tan, three roofs on the buildings. Next some ground cover and asphalt rolled roofing material for the main building. The push is on!

David

cuse

Looks great! I really like the complex shoreline and the stone seawall. I've always wanted to see a Clever Models structure in person. They certainly photograph well.

We took a boat ride past your place last week.  8)

John

ACL1504

David,

I've really enjoyed this build. I'll have to give one of these models a try one day, they look great. I agree with John in that the broken shore line really sets the scene. Great job!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

DEFugere

Thanks for checking in John, Clevers products are great and think you would enjoy building one . This past weekend was good for boat fun, you are welcome to stop by anytime in the area, don't be a stranger. You have my # call or text.

David

DEFugere

Tom, thanks for checking out my build. The idea for the uneven shore line is not mine I stole it from the King. Hehehe, don't tell him. Glad you like my layout.

David

DEFugere

So Jukes needs a truck and I started on a little Jordan to fill the bill. I also started putting some painted brown bag roofing on the main building. The brothers supplied a sheet of printed shingles but they looked to good for a lowly boat rental. I also applied a thin layer of ground cover to the duo and placed some pilings and docks in position but the dock needs changes, not what I had in my minds eye.

DEFugere

Also started cutting the corner trim. This needs to be attached before the door is added to the side.

So much more to do

David

S&S RR

The build is going well! I'm following along with great interest.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

DEFugere

John, glad you are finding this paper structure interesting, you should try one of Thoms free downloads. If you need extra parts they are as close as your printer. Go slow and ask questions, enjoy and thanks for checking in.

David