Rundown shack on the side of the road

Started by NEMMRRC, February 08, 2020, 06:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

I go by this rundown shack on the side of the road fairly often. I don't always have the time to stop and make some photos. Today the weather cooperated so I stopped and a made a few snaps.

That is what you see as you speed by along the highway. The shack has only recently been fully visible since the county trimmed all the vegetation along the right of way.

And here are some closeups.

The "pigeons" out this way are quite large lol.

My wife said "I would like to go in and take a look inside." I said, "no way!"

Anyway, I am fascinated by these dilapidated, disintegrating, rundown wooden buildings along the highway out where I live. I see about half dozen or so of these on my way to work each day. Perhaps one day I'll model one of them.

Jaime

S&S RR

Love it! I to love old run down buildings. It has been awhile since I have seen brick tar paper.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Listed in the local real estate guide as a "fixer-upper".   :)

Jeff

NEMMRRC

Quote from: S&S RR on February 08, 2020, 07:37:58 PM
Love it! I to love old run down buildings. It has been awhile since I have seen brick tar paper.
It goes to show that brick paper on a model is not too far a departure from the real thing.

Jaime

Dave K.

GPdemayo

All it needs is a little TLC.....definitely a roof to keep the pigeon stuff off the dining room table.....or possibly a bulldozer.  :D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL