Freight Car Photos (model and prototype)

Started by jbvb, April 21, 2014, 11:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnatshop

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 02, 2014, 08:25:21 AM
Here is a very old, used but not abused ACL tank car in Taft, Fl. Taft is a few miles South of Orlando, Fl. This picture was taken in the late '60's.

Tom ;D   

Durn, you were just a toddler then, weren't you?   ::) ::) ::)

ACL1504

Gman,

Yes, of  course! Actually I was a Junior at U of F.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Oldguy

I've always like the "little" ore cars from the iron range, but never thought of a way to justify their existence in southern Missouri.  That is until I ran across these little beauties in Monett MO.  They were being used on the Big Red Line out of Lincoln, Nebraska until the A&M out of Arkansas bought them for sand/gravel service.

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

halrey

Quote from: Oldguy on October 13, 2014, 05:12:38 PM
I've always like the "little" ore cars from the iron range, but never thought of a way to justify their existence in southern Missouri.  That is until I ran across these little beauties in Monett MO.  They were being used on the Big Red Line out of Lincoln, Nebraska until the A&M out of Arkansas bought them for sand/gravel service.

Cool, I have never seen them in prototype.
Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

jbvb

The A&M identified a nice business: The Army Corps of Engineers is obliged to keep dredging the Arkansas River so barges can get to Muskogee, so they have a lot of sand and gravel to get rid of around Ft. Smith.  The A&M hauls it north into MO  in these and other types of cars and sells it as fill & aggregate.
James

ACL1504

Seaboard Air Line PS1 boxcar. Spotted at St. Augustine, Fl., late 70's.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Seaboard doodle bug Tampa, Fl. early 60's.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

SAL Baldwin switcher and Geep. I think it is Jacksonville, I don't remember.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

That Seaboard doodlebug is so ugly it's cool...

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on January 05, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
That Seaboard doodlebug is so ugly it's cool...

Thanx
Bob

I agree and it's more cool in the 1:1 world. This is the only one I've ever seen in person.

Tom ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

SCL caboose and Geep on a Sunday morning in Leesburg, Fl. 1970.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Raymo

Here's one of a N&W flatcar modified to move brand new MACK truck cabs from a factory in Ohio? to Allentown Pa. for completion.