Riverbend Chapel by FOS

Started by ACL1504, September 06, 2020, 05:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Here is how the steeple spire looks on the church.

Done for this fine day. I appreciate all those following and the comments.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

nycjeff

Hello Tom, I really like the method you used for the weathered copper look. It looks great. Once again a very informative build thread. Can't wait to see the finished product.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

S&S RR

Tom

It just keeps getting better.  Fine work, my friend.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

madharry

Inspiring work on the steeple Tom. Lovely!
Mike

WigWag Workshop

Outstanding! The windows are amazing! I like how you did the paint, just the right amount of weathering. I also like the steeple. it all comes together to make an amazing looking chapel.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

Jerry

Tom wonderful work on the steeple.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Oldguy

Very nice.  I like your interpretation.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

NKP768

GPdemayo

Looking good Tom.....if you listen closely, you might be able to hear the preacher "brothers and sisters...can I get an Amen for that"..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on October 18, 2020, 07:03:26 PM
Hello Tom, I really like the method you used for the weathered copper look. It looks great. Once again a very informative build thread. Can't wait to see the finished product.   Jeff

Jeff,

Much appreciate the compliment. Glad you like the thread and getting some tricks along the way.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on October 18, 2020, 08:04:55 PM
Tom

It just keeps getting better.  Fine work, my friend.

John,

Thanks very much kind sir. Appreciate you checking in.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: madharry on October 19, 2020, 04:27:16 AM
Inspiring work on the steeple Tom. Lovely!
Mike

Mike,

Thank you, much appreciate the support on the build. The steeple came out well, I'm very happy with the look.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: WigWag Workshop on October 19, 2020, 06:59:43 AM
Outstanding! The windows are amazing! I like how you did the paint, just the right amount of weathering. I also like the steeple. it all comes together to make an amazing looking chapel.

-Steven

Steven,

I appreciate the comments, thank you. I like to try different things on my builds and this one is turning out as planned, so far anyway.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com