Open House 6-7-17

Started by Dave K., June 24, 2017, 07:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagman

Quote from: Dave K. on June 25, 2017, 01:06:28 PM
Gee, Tom...guess I'll have to go back.  8) Thanks for your comments. I just took these with my iPhone 6. Cheers! 👍🏻

I'm always amazed at the quality of photos that can be produced out of the latest iPhones.
Certainly comparable to a more expensive SLR.
Combined with the apps you can download these days you can produce some really nice looking photos.

Well done Dave on posting a superb set of F&SM photos. They capture the layout perfectly and as previous guys have noted, similar overall views but taken from how you viewed the layout.
Really nicely done !

Bagman

Dave K.

Thanks kindly. It's getting so's when traveling I typically leave my SLR at home...heavy, cumbersome, and always worrying about keeping an eye on it.

I think there's dissertation material here somewheres...personality types as revealed in an F&SM visitor's photos.  :P. Thanks for visiting!

S&S RR

David

Thanks again for taking the time to post your pictures.  I have noticed a number of areas where George has changed things since our visit in 2016..  Take a look at all the details that he has added to the green drawbridge in South Manchester.  Great work George! The fact that the covering was off the casting equipment is a key indicator that George has retired.  I will not be surprised when an addition to the F&SM occupies that space.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

I'll study that drawbridge later this evening. The changes are interesting...no moss grows under George! I've got my remaining pix to post and then this thread is a wrap. Thanks again, John, for your exhaustive index of all the structures!

Dave K.

North Manchester...

richbeau

Nice photos. Well composed and thoughtfully selected. It's amazing the quality coming out of mobile phones these days (though the work happens 6" behind it  8)).
BTW George has been cleaning up those streets lately.
--Rich

Dave K.

...North Manchester...

Dave K.

...North Manchester...

Dave K.

...and my last of North Manchester.

Dave K.

Manchester...

Dave K.

Fillmore Yard...

Dave K.

George is a true gentleman and a good sport. He wasn't thrilled about posing for yet another picture with a visitor but he played along. Thanks for your hospitality, George and Thom.

Dave K.

Happy guy.  Fini.

Zephyrus52246

Glad to hear you had a good visit.  It truly is more impressive in person.  Thanks for the tour!

Jeff

Dave K.

Glad you found it worthwhile, Jeff. Thanks for visiting.