My old home layout

Started by madharry, March 14, 2020, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

As I am breaking up the old layout, I could not avoid a bit of nostalgia and take some pictures to remember it by. The room is 20 feet by 30 feet and was added to our present home 27 years ago. The layout was on four levels of continuous scenery and was computer controlled with a programme by Winlok and Digitrax. The layout was featured in two articles of Continental Modeller in 2006.Here are some pictures of the trackplan on the computer screen. Apologies for the poor quality due to the flash. The turnouts are operated by clicking a mouse on the icons.

Mike

madharry

Continued..........
Here are the pictures of the demolition........................ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

S&S RR

It's said to see a great layout coming down.  I hope you plan on replacing it at your new home.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Mike....

The up side is that you have structures and rolling stock all in a  box waiting.   Rebuilding will take much less time than the first go around.

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

PRR Modeler

Wow Mike you had a real empire.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Sad to see all those years of planning and work disappearing Mike.....but on the bright side we get to ride along on your new adventure as you build the new empire. Love the pictures.....keep them coming.....thanks.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Harry:

Hope you will be building A new one.

Karl

madharry

Thanks John. Yes it is very sad. Next time I plan not to pin the track down every 6 inches or to solder each length of track...........
Mike :'(

madharry

So right Bob the next ones will be quicker to build. Thankz
Mike ;)

madharry

Thanks Curt the trains at scale speed would take 20 minutes to circle the layout...........
Mike :D

madharry

Greg the next layouts are already being formed in the mind. Apparently I have first refusal on two of the smaller bedrooms and the double garage............
Mike :)

madharry

Karl I intend building at least three.............
Mike :)

GPdemayo

Quote from: madharry on March 15, 2020, 05:04:45 AM
Thanks Curt the trains at scale speed would take 20 minutes to circle the layout...........
Mike :D

But how long at Greg Speed???  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL