Good Job George, You made it to the big times!!!!!!! :)    Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Opa George

Quote from: Dave K. on July 09, 2019, 11:46:18 AM
Nice job, George!

Wow, Dave, thanks for the heads up on that--I am not on Facebook and probably would have missed it.  That really makes my day!
--George

Dave K.

Quote from: Opa George on July 09, 2019, 12:38:14 PM
Quote from: Dave K. on July 09, 2019, 11:46:18 AM
Nice job, George!

Wow, Dave, thanks for the heads up on that--I am not on Facebook and probably would have missed it.  That really makes my day!
--George

Always want to be sure modelers/photographers get their proper credit. Well deserved, George!

Opa George

Quote from: DennisBourey on July 09, 2019, 12:07:01 PM
Good Job George, You made it to the big times!!!!!!! :)    Dennis

"Wacky!"  They shouldn't condone that type of kit building behavior. It just encourages more outrageous stuff.  I have what the immortal Frank Zappa termed "a taste for the bizarre."
--George

Dave K.

JimF

Good lord, if being on fb is the 'big time', I'll stick to small time LOL

Jim

Opa George

Quote from: JimF on July 09, 2019, 01:22:39 PM
Good lord, if being on fb is the 'big time', I'll stick to small time LOL

Jim

Indeed!  I have to wonder if Andy Warhol is shaking his head in disbelief or laughing his rear end off.  :)
Still, kind of fun. Heck, I'm still proud of my third place finish for classroom president in third grade! Don't ask how many people ran. ;)
--George

Opa George

I took the completed structure outside for some real light photos. Couldn't find a vantage point without an out-of-scale background, though.

The roof-top dance floor.

Next door, more mundane chores in progress--hanging laundry.

The tavern corner. The lunch crowd is starting to come in.

The following photos were kindly loaned to me by Maggie at the Upper Harbor Historical Society and Tourism Board:

Front of the Mermaid Avenue Jewelry store, circa 1937. A pencil notation on the back of the photo identifies the woman stepping off the curb as local socialite and adventuress Nora Cowslipper. She disappeared while unicycling in the Italian Alps about a month later. This is said to be the last picture of her:

A polaroid, taken from the roof of the bus depot across the street, of Madamoiselle Zola's shop. This photo captured her housekeeper, Uberta, on the porch in the act of shooing away the street performer who has just set up on the sidewalk below.

A circa 1962 photo of the jewelry store, cropped for use as a postcard. This image caused a sensation because it appeared to show the ghost of missing socialite Nora Cowslipper as she was last seen in town.  In 2012 the store and street corner was "investigated" by television ghost hunters.  Although many suspicious blurs were captured on grainy video, no evidence turned up that the ghost of Nora Cowslipper still haunts the locale.

--George

Dennis Bourey

George, Look's perfect outside. you really did a subprime job!!!!.............Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Mark Dalrymple

George - great modelling and story telling.  You've really brought the scene to life.

Cheers, Mark.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey George.

All I can say is just WOWWWWWW!!!!! I love what you did with this kit. You should send photos to Artie. Love the Wrigleys signs.

Karl