And the madness begins

Started by Timbob60, August 20, 2016, 04:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilius

At this price I might consider selling the Jordans that I have. Anyone willing to pay?  8)

Vilius

ACL1504

That is absolutely insane! Capitalism at it's best, I love it for the guy selling.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

I have quite a few Jordans , maybe I'll sell them , nah I like building.
I love photo's, don't we all.

coors2u

I think I have about 50 Jordan kits. If I do the math right. I could almost fund my kids college with what I could sell these for.  8)
Dustin

martin.ojaste

$9 CDN at Credit Valley Railroad store. Hmmmm

rpdylan

so, absolutely no chance of the company selling to someone in order to continue production? Seems a shame.
Bob C.

BandOGuy

"Link has been removed".
Wonder what that indicates?
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Raymo

I have one where the box is more off white then white. I been told It's one of two ever sold with this box color. ;D ;D

Timbob60

I just clicked the link and it's still there with 4 days left in the auction.

Geo2rge aka timbob60

Rail and Tie

I don't get E-bay in general, but when you click on the bids, why is it the same person bidding against themselves from the original price and then putting a new bid in every minute by minute against themselves?

If no one picks up the Jordan Molds, I am going to have to do some 3D printed masters to create molds for resin castings to complete our conversion kits.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

bparrish

Darryl...

I had a conversation with Keith Wiseman in Kentucky some weeks ago; he is Wiseman models and has scooped up most of the cast metal truck dies from around the country.   I think he had a conversation with the widow of the guy that ran the company.  As I recall she doesn't know what she wants to do with it.........  So everything is on hold.  I also sent an email to Dave Rygmyr at Northwest Short line and Tichy that the company might be available.  I never heard back but I have no personal demand to be in the loop.

I do know that Jordan up graded their molds some years ago and really raised the detail.  I don't know what their volume is annually but they never had (that I could find) a direct web site.  If someone did restart it and have an internet access the company would probably do well.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

bparrish

Darryl..

One more thing.

About the sellers bidding...........

In auctions they call that a shill.  That is an auctioneer's co conspirator who lurks in the back and bids from time to time to run up the price.

Ebay claims that they don't allow it but all a seller needs to do is have two accounts and Ebay would never know the difference.  They really don't care........... they get their cut either way.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

deemery

Quote from: Rail and Tie on August 21, 2016, 01:12:34 PM
I don't get E-bay in general, but when you click on the bids, why is it the same person bidding against themselves from the original price and then putting a new bid in every minute by minute against themselves?  ....
Sometimes they're using automatic bidding software, and it wouldn't surprise me if someone by accident set up 2 programs to bid against each other.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Vilius

There is nothing special about the bidding in this case. It is just the way eBay displays the bid history. They don't put it in chronological order but rather in bid amount order. Bidder A bid $17.00 at Aug-15-16 12:58:53 PDT. Bidder B bid $30.00 at Aug-15-16 13:01:23 PDT. Then bidder A started bidding in $1.00 increments at Aug-15-16 13:02:30 PDT until he outbid bidder B by bidding $31.00 at Aug-15-16 13:02:52 PDT.

Vilius